Disassembly and Reassembly

Reaction score
It's long...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is this your video? What is the trick with getting the battery cover screws in? I struggle with those and the gimbal mount screws every time. They seem like they are very picky on how they are positioned. Afraid that I am stripping one of them each time I disassemble.

Is this your video? What is the trick with getting the battery cover screws in? I struggle with those and the gimbal mount screws every time. They seem like they are very picky on how they are positioned. Afraid that I am stripping one of them each time I disassemble.
Yes, I did that video.
I have noticed that sometimes the battery tray has to be maneuvered to seat properly. There are small clips at the front of the tray that require you to almost tilt the tray nose down first, then lower the back of the tray. If the tray is not properly seated, the screw holes don't line up well.
As far as the gimble screws, I think you just need to back them out a little more to get them to line up.

I would suggest you don't use the 3DR screw driver for the gimbal. It's too short and the grip is too small. Instead use a longer screw driver with a bigger handle, you'll find it's easier to get the gimbal seated and secured properly. With the 3DR screw driver, your hand and the gimbal try to occupy the same space and it's just a terrible little tool.

I would suggest you don't use the 3DR screw driver for the gimbal. It's too short and the grip is too small. Instead use a longer screw driver with a bigger handle, you'll find it's easier to get the gimbal seated and secured properly. With the 3DR screw driver, your hand and the gimbal try to occupy the same space and it's just a terrible little tool.
Agreed. I use that green handle screwdriver for the gimbal screws and the screws on/around the legs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle