Different Motor Feel

Reaction score
Hi,

New 3DR Solo owner here, as well as new to the hobby of drones itself, w/a newly purchased Best Buy Refurbished unit.

Researching the products out there, it appeared the Solo to be the best bang for the buck, especially for a beginner like me. The product also has pretty good write ups, but sadly, its now a discontinued and unsupported product. The good part of that is, there's a good supply of left over OEM parts out there, the hackers, when it comes to improving its software, including adding features never before offered by its OEM, the users out there, and also, thanks to 3D Printing, a supply of modified parts, including camera mounts. To add, after market products, which improve the Solo, like GPS's, Wi-Fi, and antennas, for better range and control.

While I thought about spending more for a better, still in production, product, especially one w/a built in camera, but being new to the hobby, I figured w/what I stated above, it was a good starter.

Now to get to the issue, going through the setup, there were issues, especially when dealing w/setting up my iPad Mini, but it appears I got that fixed, but when checking the unit out, when it came to the motors, I noticed when turning each one w/my fingers, one of them feels like it has stronger magnets than the others. Is there anything to be concerned about here?

Oh, it appears my Solo has the Rev. B gps. From what I've read, the Rev. A gps board is green, while the Rev. B, has a black one. Without tearing things apart, this has a black one.

I also have yet to get an action camera for it. I'd like to keep my costs down of course, so is there an affordable camera, outside of the GoPro Hero 3+ and 4, which will work, w/a 3D Printed adapter perhaps, maybe even the GoPro Hero Session? I do plan to get the gimbal for it as well.

Thanks.

Last edited:
don't struggle with a camera, Hero 4 Blacks are cheap now and the one that gives you best performance on solo
as for the motor have you flown it yet? try that first
you can also hook solo to mission planner or solex and do an individual motor test. Also fly it and review the logs, Look for mean variance between motors on RCOUT. If there is an issue with that motor it will behave differently than the other motors

don't struggle with a camera, Hero 4 Blacks are cheap now and the one that gives you best performance on solo
as for the motor have you flown it yet? try that first
you can also hook solo to mission planner or solex and do an individual motor test. Also fly it and review the logs, Look for mean variance between motors on RCOUT. If there is an issue with that motor it will behave differently than the other motors

Thanks for the response.

I just got it, so I'm in the process of setting it up. I've also got to find a place where I can even fly it. There's a lot of airfields, both commercial and military, here where I live in Southern California.

I fly early in the mornings away from people in an open area. For testing purposes just a big field and parking lot behind work on Sundays when people are home

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea