DBS Mods Antenna Unboxing and Distance Test

Reaction score
Good evening folks (that includes Sarah . See how I did that rich?)
Just finished producing and uploading my Unboxing, Distance Test/Comparisons on the DBS mods antenna.

If you dont want to watch the video, totally cool with me (I can be long winded).

Conditions - Overcast, 5mph wind, Clear line of sight, high humidity but not choking.

Results.

3DR Stock Antenna - 2400ft
3DR w/ DBS mods antenna - 4200ft

Thats a massive improvement. The other thing I noticed is you can pitch the quad much more forward with the DBS and maintain signal, where as with the Stock, when approaching 1000 + ft, you needed to really throttle back on the right stick and damn near crawl to get your max distance. So thats nice.

Other things I noticed. Once I reach over 1000 ft (or before) I am down to 1 bar or in the red with my connection (even though im at 70db) this will persist for a LONG time. Even with the DBS mods, I was 1 bar or in the red for the final 3000+ ft of this test.

Finally, for those of you that get offended easily when I bring up the P3P, there is a lot of P3P stuff in this video too. It was the easiest way to mark my spots for both birds, with a good steady camera. Still, its pretty sad that I'm jacked to get 4200 ft on the solo and I casually (at full speed) took the P3P to 7000+ with 4 bars and no hiccups. just sayin.

Enjoy the video (or dont, Im good with it either way) :)
Also, 10pm publish time, still processing and wont be in HD for a while.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just finished producing and uploading my Unboxing, Distance Test/Comparisons on the DBS mods antenna.

If you dont want to watch the video, totally cool with me (I can be long winded).

Conditions - Overcast, 5mph wind, Clear line of sight, high humidity but not choking.

Results.

Thats a massive improvement. The other thing I noticed is you can pitch the quad much more forward with the DBS and maintain signal, where as with the Stock, when approaching 1000 + ft, you needed to really throttle back on the right stick and damn near crawl to get your max distance. So thats nice.

Other things I noticed. Once I reach over 1000 ft (or before) I am down to 1 bar or in the red with my connection (even though im at 70db) this will persist for a LONG time. Even with the DBS mods, I was 1 bar or in the red for the final 3000+ ft of this test.

Finally, for those of you that get offended easily when I bring up the P3P, there is a lot of P3P stuff in this video too. It was the easiest way to mark my spots for both birds, with a good steady camera. Still, its pretty sad that I'm jacked to get 4200 ft on the solo and I casually (at full speed) took the P3P to 7000+ with 4 bars and no hiccups. just sayin.

Very nice video! Well done! I have a similar popcorn machine, you must be someone who enjoys the finer things in life. ;)

I certainly do... although i hate that popcorn machine... too many old maids.. I want to get a bigger, better one :)
but thank you

I spare no expense when it comes to the quality of popcorn. Helps a lot.

so if yours is the same size, link me the popcorn you buy... I prefer to buy the pre packaged with salt, oil and corn.. just easier, but ill switch haha

Results.

Why are there 3 antenna connectors on the back of the panel?

Is the mounting bracket for the P3 and does it work on the Solo?

Thanks

THere are only 2 connectors on the back of the panel. (at least the one i have). then 2 screws for mounting to the p3 mount.
the p3 mounting bracket is awesome, and does NOT work with solo.
solo is BYOM

THere are only 2 connectors on the back of the panel. (at least the one i have). then 2 screws for mounting to the p3 mount.
the p3 mounting bracket is awesome, and does NOT work with solo.
solo is BYOM

Thanks.

One of the pictures on their web site shows 3 connectors and another shows 2.

I emailed DBS asking if they are planning to make a bracket for Solo.

Results.

Thanks for your time with making/sharing Info.
Looking forward to some some actual vid from the Solo hooked up with DBS.
Thanks

I will have to get this I get down to about 800-900 feet where I am at and it gets down to zero bars. Thanks for the review!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc