Darn it. My solo crashed thank to new firmware!

Reaction score
darn it. Thank to new firmware and I lost video feed and no way to know where my solo go and hit the tree. Crashed hard. The gimbal damaged! I really upset. 3DR owes me new ones! And props too! MF. I notice every time new firmware degrade solo's functions which it's unacceptable!

Maybe, i sell my solo for GoPro's Krama drone. I am fed up with 3DR since Colin left the company and give us shitty. We are faith 3DR family!

Last edited:
darn it. Thank to new firmware and I lost video feed.. I notice every time new firmware degrade solo's functions which it's unacceptable!

Maybe, i sell my solo for GoPro's Krama drone. I am fed up with 3DR since Colin left the company and give us shitty. We are faith 3DR family!
Okay Rex... I'm sure your new Karma will be trouble-free. Enjoy!

BTW, how did you make the determination that the new FW caused your loss of video mid-flight?

darn it. Thank to new firmware and I lost video feed and no way to know where my solo go and hit the tree. Crashed hard. The gimbal damaged! I really upset. 3DR owes me new ones! And props too! MF. I notice every time new firmware degrade solo's functions which it's unacceptable!

Did you not immediately hit Pause, climb or RTH?

HAHAHAHA. So let me get this straight. "The firmware update made you lose video". Even though the FW update had nothing to do with video. And the loss of video "made you fly into a tree.

Well I call bullshit on this entire story. It's probably best you buy something else. That way when you inevitably crash it by operating in an irresponsible manner, it will not reflect poorly on other solo owners.

before new fw I never problem with video feeding.. right after upgrade FW then I can see the video feeding frozen or blank every time I fly solo,, in my visual range and try to figure.. hmdi // etc .. I read somewhere here about video feeding trouble.. . I open solo and reconnect to make sure its fits and secured .. test ... nothing improve when it was a test flight I lost the feeding during mid flight, it went froze and I try to pilot circle the tree and one of tree which was tall than others I didn't notice.. , solo crashed hard..

So you crashed due to blatant pilot error after experiencing a loss of video for unknown reasons. Got it.

Reactions: SARDG
ok, seems that you had visual contact to your drone at the crash flight.
You could just hit the pause button and hold it to rewind your flight path and get out of that mess

i had no video feed issues after the update, will try a long range flight tomorrow and report any issues here

I read somewhere here about video feeding trouble

Several people have had video trouble and explicitly pinned the blame on the new firmware, while others have had no video issues at all, and the update stated that it only addressed a forced stick calibration issue and nothing else. Now it's always a possibility that an inadvertent bug crept in, but until there's a lot more evidence, stating as fact that the update causes video issues is just not accurate.

As for your crash, I understand your frustration and can sympathize, but the crash itself seems to be 100% pilot error. Hitting pause followed by an RTL with an appropriately set RTL altitude would have brought your Solo back without issue, unless you were flying under tree branches.

If you filled your car with gas and immediately got into an accident upon leaving, did the accident happen because you just filled the car with gas? Just because something didn't work after you did something else does not necessarily mean that was the cause. Many people have video issues - whether they updated or not. If 50 people had the exact same thing happen out of the thousands who updated, you might be on to something. I've heard of 2. Yours and one on FB. If it is a bug, it's certainly not widespread.

damn another drone freaking out since collin left.
Wow they must really have some AI to even know a human was part of their DNA and that he left the company
Maybe the smart drone was smarter than we thought..

Enjoy your Karma
BTW you do know a lot of 3DR folks are working on the Karma right?

LOL
watched any youtube lately on object avoidance.
SOme fo the most epic drone crashes ever

LOL
watched any youtube lately on object avoidance.
SOme fo the most epic drone crashes ever
Agreed. I believe OA in general is limited to unique uses for specific applications. Other than that, it's best used in marketing to place a check mark next to the 'Object Avoidance' box in advertising. Which leads to over reliance by the INcompetent pilots. The only true OA is a competent pilot.

Yeppers
its all wrapped up in the latest shiny thing game.
I am far too results driven
Unless that OA is adding quality to my video, you can keep it

Here's a cut and paste from a post I made on the 3DR Solo Owners Group on FB. Many others are reporting the same or similar problems.
"Went to the lake today and launched Solo TWICE from a boat. BUT once airborn, I could NOT get the GoPro to start recording. We did follow Me and Follow Me Orbit. Worked great, but no video. ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! Any idea what the problem might have been? I just got home and haven't had a chance to troubleshoot. Feeling really disappointed."
For a long while I couldn't get a video feed at all.

spend less time feeling
spend more time thinking.

What changed?
What are the key points of failure?
Can I isolate the problem?
Do I have a second solo (Cause prices are crazy cheap) I can trouble shoot with

you get the idea

I had a video problem as well HOWEVER I restarted EVERY item and rebooted. I also had to double click my home button and swipe or "Force Quit" the app. after that all was fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela