Crashed, sent automatic report to 3DR, they can't find any crash

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Trying to keep this short.
The drone crashed on entry early April as I was trying to land. It behaved erratic in the air and slammed into something hard just over a meter from the ground and flipped over. All propellers broke but the drone is otherwise in one piece and flies just fine.
The app automatically reported the crash so I send in the automatic ticket created.

Like I say the drone flies just fine but 3 of the motors sound like they have worn out bearings when I spin them between my fingers. My second drone which has flow double the amount of time (4 hours flight time) and never had a crash feel just like new. The front motors hit first so I am pretty sure they were damaged from the impact and I am afraid one of them will suddenly stop working when I am out flying.

I finally heard back from 3DR a few days ago and sent them a video of the motors since they requested and then sent them the Tlog and BIN files on request.

Latest reply from them is that they can't see any crash in the files I sent them.
Has anyone experienced this before, that 3DR can't find any crash report?

The support ticket was automatically created right after the crash so I find it strange that they don't have the info they need.

Cheers,
Jorgen

What are you hoping to get from 3DR? Sounds like you flew the copter into something "1 meter from the ground". If you flew the copter again before submitting the trouble ticket it is possible you sent the wrong log files (I think it only sends the last 3). If the copter is flying ok not sure what you expect them to do.
If you are just nervous that something was damaged and will eventually fail, buy a "for parts only " Solo off eBay and swap out some motors.

I flew it several times after the crash. But the crash report should have followed the initial crash ticket that was sent in, as far as I understand.

I don't like the sound of the bearings on the motors and I am afraid that one of them will soon seize up while flying. Either they were like that from new, but I am quite sure it is a result of the crash.

The motors on my second drone still sound like normal, after more flight time.

I am careful flyer and was just happy that the drone crashed so close to the ground. It was not listening to my movements on the sticks and flew back and forth like someone else was controlling it.

I am hoping that 3DR will replace 3 of the motors since the drone did not crash because of my bad flying.

Thanks,
Jorgen

Andrew is correct that the Solo app sends the last 3 flights so the crash flight might not have been included.
You may be able to look at the dates & times to identify the crash logs and send them in.

I would send them in and see what 3DR says. If it's Solo's fault they should replace whatever is/might be damaged or replace the entire drone.

The logs might reveal problems that aren't obvious to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986