Crash #2

Reaction score
Had my 2nd catastrophic failure in the past 2 months. Sent log to 3dr but no response. If someone could read the attached tlog and give me some idea of what happened it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• tmp_4188-Solex-Share-689520440.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Hopefully the log you sent to 3DR do not mention Solex anywhere!!
I am not sure 3Dr would "like" this.... probably it would void the guarantee....

I used Solex to pull the log from the controller. The unit that crashed just expired on the warranty, I'm just in need of the reason why.

I used Solex to pull the log from the controller. The unit that crashed just expired on the warranty, I'm just in need of the reason why.

The crashed unit with a replacement I received back in August for a similar episode. I was on my third battery flying fine, once again everything stopped all at once, the unit fell out of the sky proximately 100 feet. I was using the Solex app, I was in FLY mode, just doing in general fly over. The unit fell through a large evergreen and hit the ground hard. Lost the GoPro H4S somewhere along the way.

Sent log to 3dr but no response? How many days has past since they been notified.
Since no warranty, diagnosing the probelm may not be on fast lane?
Most repairs are expensive "Third party", some consumers do nothing to repair with 3DR.

Contact them via chat on the website for an immediate response. That automated response thing only works sometimes for me.

Went to to the crash site looking for my GoPro. A gust of wind came, and the GoPro dropped to ground right at my feet. Still works even after spending the night out in the rain. Checked the videos, the last one showing the crash itself, horrible sound coming from one of the motor pods just before failure. My guess that's the culprit.

Reactions: EDGAR CUEVAS
That last moment...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've heard that whistling noise on occasion, but I've always suspected it's wind rushing past the little mic holes. I regularly check my motors for smooth operation, so at least in my case, I don't think it's motor related.

What leads me away from thinking this was a motor failure is that all the motors seemed to stop at the exact same time. Usually, if one motor goes out, the rest keep running as futile as it may be.

I couldn't open your tlog, it gave me some error.

There is nothing unusual sounding in that video. It certainly looks like a motor pod failure though.

Thanks for the info. I'll be stripping the crashed unit for parts, maybe I'll try testing for the failed regulator.

Looking at the log, it appears to be a motor failure. However, just prior to the crash you get a 'bad gyro health' warning.

Please see:
What to do if I'm getting a Bad Gyro Health warning on my Ground Station?

Can you point to what in the log would indicate a motor failure? I'm just curious, as it sure sounds like all 4 motors stopped simultaneously and abruptly. It would be almost impossible to have all 4 motors fail at the same time, and I'm wondering what would point to a specific motor.

Can you point to what in the log would indicate a motor failure? I'm just curious, as it sure sounds like all 4 motors stopped simultaneously and abruptly. It would be almost impossible to have all 4 motors fail at the same time, and I'm wondering what would point to a specific motor.

There's nothing in the logs for specific motor functions; instead you look at roll/pitch/yaw adjustments and the computers reaction to it (they should look in parallel, your log does not towards the end, indicating a mechanical failure).

If there is specific problems with your motors, the one that's faulty should twitch a little when solo is switched on. But this doesn't always work

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc