Controller will not connect to Solo Vehicle

Reaction score
I have only been able to connect twice now. Last night I went to fly and everything went well (my 2nd flight since purchase)as far as connecting the controller to the vehicle, GoPro worked, and the App had no issues. After dinner I went to run another battery and all it would do is stay at "looking for Solo" I have read tons of advice, some suggest factory reset, others say NO DON"T DO THAT!! My controller connects to my Android and the WiFi is connected, just can't get it to recognize the Solo vehicle.

Go into whatever device you are using (phone or tablet), go to application settings and Force Stop the Solo app. After you Force Stop ithe, open the app and you should be good to go. The same thing happened to me on my second flight. After that, I'm always good to go.

Is it just the app not seeing the solo? Or does the controller itself say looking for solo?

So it turns out that 3DR Chat responded and diagnosed a couple of things. First, pull battery in controller and replace, NOTHING. Second was to hit and hold the Power and Fly button until it came up to reset the controller. It would not do that, just kept loading the Solo power. Because that didn't work as it should it was clear I was having an issue with the WiFi card, and I understand this next fix is a common problem.. Next suggestion was to open up the controller and see if the SD Card came loose, and BINGO. seems the card popped loose from the holder, even though they are glued in. SD Card slots are spring loaded and is supposed to lock in, but somehow it just popped loose and created all the issues I was having.
1. Waiting for Solo was all I ever got when I went to connect the controller to the Solo.
2. My Android would not see the WiFi network for sololink. After reinstalling the card and locking the SD Card into place, all fixed.

Pretty crazy.

Reactions: kaleiw03 and So1o

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela