Controller wifi issue

Reaction score
Website
www.robertpower.com.au
flew one of my solos (open solo 3.0.0)a couple of times today all fine no issue. Went to fly this afternoon, controller suck on “waiting for solo” tried a couple of reboots, remove batteries etc. Did a factory reset and cannot connect still.

Have realised there seems to be no wifi coming out of controller, no ssid and cannot connect app. I have two other birds, one stock, one open solo 3.0.0 and if i turn on the controller only on these birds I can connect app and see ssid.

Am I missing something or is it just the controller wifi has decided to die.

Open to suggestions, thanks

I think it sounds like either an antenna issue or a system boot issue.

I would start with a battery pull on the controller. Disconnect battery on controller. Wait a full 60 seconds. Reconnect and boot controller. Check if the issue resolved.

Then if that dosn't work open the controller and reseat the MicroSD card as well as checking antenna leads while you are in there.

I think it sounds like either an antenna issue or a system boot issue.

I would start with a battery pull on the controller. Disconnect battery on controller. Wait a full 60 seconds. Reconnect and boot controller. Check if the issue resolved.

Then if that dosn't work open the controller and reseat the MicroSD card as well as checking antenna leads while you are in there.

Thanks for the reply Just Bruce, I have done all that you mentioned above too, should of mentioned that in my post too. Weird that it was all working fine in the morning and then cannot connect, electronics, I suppose these things can happen. Thanks again

Check the wifi card for seating and LED status. Might be time to relace the controller or some internal portion thereof. Try also checking the contents of the card if you can get it to a computer.

(I figured you already had tried the common stuff. But, it is all too easy to forget so I thought I would start there)

Check the wifi card for seating and LED status. Might be time to relace the controller or some internal portion thereof. Try also checking the contents of the card if you can get it to a computer.

(I figured you already had tried the common stuff. But, it is all too easy to forget so I thought I would start there)

Thanks Just_Bruce, have tried your suggestions and no luck, found a controller on ebay so will see how that goes.

Now, trying to work out the issue with my other solo, was one of those days yesterday, black cats, mirrors, mmmmm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea