Controller / Signal connectivity Issues (Wifi Issue?)

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Time after time I am continuously loosing connection to my bird when I fly her 300 ft up and only 400 - 600 ft out... I am typically flying out over the ocean in San Diego where multiple houses line the coast. To add to the issue, the controller usually prompts a controller disconnected issue and I am not able to regain control via the "FLY" button; the bird returns to where it was launched and I have to start over... anyone else experiencing similar issues?

I have added the ALFA APA-M25 2.4GHz + 5 GHz antenna and still am not achieving the range that I want to see.

Is it wifi interference that is hindering my range? How is the Phantom able to achieve such a better range?

San Diego Sky Line.jpg

Several things can cause issues, I had very similar to what you are describing. Heavy wifi activity or other nearby elecro forces can cause problems. The proper setting of the antennas is another big one. Several things I have done as well as some others that have increased ranged well beyond our desire to fly, miles out; I got the DBS MOD antenna. Dramatic improvement!! That more than anything put me in the comfort zone that I expected. I just did Ian's mod (sticky post) and although I haven't done but 1 brief test flight appears to improve signal strength again! I am certain several miles is achievable but in no way will take that kind of risk and liability. Get one of the quality directional antennas, you will be impressed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snarus