controler asking to update via app app keeps crashing

Reaction score
so just bought the drone solo 3dr workded awesome brought it home to fix gimbale. put new battery in it and it updated when it finished, it asked for first flight to be done. can do first flight do to solo app crashing. now i have a useless drone please help

There is a few cases of this on the forum. You can search and find details on what needs to be done.

It appears (without details of firmware version) you have the orginal 3DR software that needs an update before flying. The 3DR app needs an earlier version of android to work without crashing.

Option is to upgrade to open solo.

I don't know how to get the earlier version or how to open open solo. Not too savy with tech stuff. I can so step by step. But not savy on where to look.

I don't know how to get the earlier version or how to open open solo. Not too savy with tech stuff. I can so step by step. But not savy on where to look.
If you have an android phone/tablet, the 3DR app will not work past 7.1 FOR SURE. Some folks needed to go back to Android 6.1.

If you don't have an android version that old available, do yourself a favor and get the app 'Solex'.

If you run on iOS I have heard reports the 3DR app still works, but I don't have a device to test that with so YMMV

I have g7 Supra Android 9 and I have solex, I just can't figure out how to do the first flight set up. Through solex. Or how to get an older version of Android.

Again thank you all that try to help. And I'm not savy with this phone text crap.

I have some iPads laying around. The kids will try to download the 3dr app and get back later. Thank you all

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc