Consistant GoPro Problems (Record Start Fail & SD Card Error)

Reaction score
Several times a day I have to land solo and remove the battery from the GoPro 4 Black to unfreeze it. Something happens where it becomes unresponsive to starting and stopping recording via the controller, and will not power down with Solo. When I pull GoPro off and try to power it down, it won't, it's frozen, and so I have to remove the battery and reinsert it, then it will work fine.

I also have a problem with SD Card Error. I have all recommended cards, and this problem is card independent. What happens is I get an sd card error. To fix it i have to land solo, pull of go pro and remove card, and then firmly rub and buff the contacts on the card. With enough effort, it will be back up and running fine.

Several times a day I have to land solo and remove the battery from the GoPro 4 Black to unfreeze it. Something happens where it becomes unresponsive to starting and stopping recording via the controller, and will not power down with Solo. When I pull GoPro off and try to power it down, it won't, it's frozen, and so I have to remove the battery and reinsert it, then it will work fine.

I also have a problem with SD Card Error. I have all recommended cards, and this problem is card independent. What happens is I get an sd card error. To fix it i have to land solo, pull of go pro and remove card, and then firmly rub and buff the contacts on the card. With enough effort, it will be back up and running fine.

Hey Matt, I feel for you. I had exactly the same experience as you a month ago. GP4B freezing, SD card error, also GP4B was getting very hot with short time usage (15 minutes). After perservering with the same "workarounds" as you have endured, without any resolution, I returned the GoPro claiming that it was faulty and had it replaced with a new one.

In conclusion, it was a faulty GoPro. The new replacement GP4B has been perfect. No problems with it at all. I suggest that that you return it in exchange for a new one.

Cheers

Reactions: RichWest
Hey Matt, I feel for you. I had exactly the same experience as you a month ago. GP4B freezing, SD card error, also GP4B was getting very hot with short time usage (15 minutes). After perservering with the same "workarounds" as you have endured, without any resolution, I returned the GoPro claiming that it was faulty and had it replaced with a new one.

In conclusion, it was a faulty GoPro. The new replacement GP4B has been perfect. No problems with it at all. I suggest that that you return it in exchange for a new one.

Cheers
Good to know. ya mine does it consistently within 2 to 5 minutes max.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela