Connectors and screws

Reaction score
Hello, can someone tell me how-to identify the screws I have in my drone? How do I ask for them at the hobby shop or online? How do I determine the size or thread spacing or whatever is used to odent
I have also attached a pic of a connector (it's for the compass on my 3DR SOLO.). What is it called and how do I ask for it.
I know these are basic questions but I really don't have any experience with them.
So if you can please help?

Attachments

• 20170813_080951_001.jpg
    20170813_080951_001.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
The screws are: M2-0.4 X 8mm (length) I have found them at Home Depot and Amazon. How many do you need? I have some spares I can send you.

I don't know about the connector. Maybe @RichWest will chime in as he is the connector expert.

Reactions: Vito413
If you're unscrewing them a lot....for what ever reason (?).... some people take the opportunity to replace them with hex socket heads - makes it a bit less fiddly.

Not sure it's strictly necessary, but I did it - it passed some time and left me feeling a tremendous sense of contentment [emoji2]

Reactions: RichWest
If you're unscrewing them a lot....for what ever reason (?).... some people take the opportunity to replace them with hex socket heads - makes it a bit less fiddly.

Not sure it's strictly necessary, but I did it - it passed some time and left me feeling a tremendous sense of contentment [emoji2]

What size did you use? Are all the screws the same size? I want to screw everything down completly.

The screws are: M2-0.4 X 8mm (length) I have found them at Home Depot and Amazon. How many do you need? I have some spares I can send you.

I don't know about the connector. Maybe @RichWest will chime in as he is the connector expert.

I want to make sure that everything is screwed down tightly. I don't know how many screws there are. Thank you for your offer. If you have a complete set I would gladly compensate you for them.

I want to make sure that everything is screwed down tightly. I don't know how many screws there are. Thank you for your offer. If you have a complete set I would gladly compensate you for them.
I don't know how many there are either. Are you missing some? PM me your address and I'll put some in an envelope for you. Use some thread locker and don't over tighten them.

Rickwest,
Do you happen to know the size of the 4 pin click-Mate connector female side for the compass might be. I have found them in sizes like 100mm 150mm etc. Digo key seems to have a minimum order quantity of 3000. Do you know a place thsy I can get just a few?

Most of the big electronic parts house have two part numbers for a given item, one cut reel and one full reel. Read fully the descriptions....measure twice, buy once....

Rich

DJMc
Sorry it has been such a delay to this post. You have replaced all of the screws with hex socket head screws? What size did you use? Are they all the same size? Other members have said that they have used M2-0.4 x 8mm. It seems to me that some of the screws are different sizes. Also where did you purchase them from?
I'm sorry for all the questions, but I really appreciate all the input for everyone.
Thanks
Vito

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000