Connection loss and no RTL

Reaction score
so my solo lost connection at short range and it just sat there. Isn't it supposed to RTL??? I had to run over to it and reconnect manually. Is there an amount of time where it try's to reconnect before it RTL??? Using Google Nexus7 pad.

so my solo lost connection at short range and it just sat there. Isn't it supposed to RTL??? I had to run over to it and reconnect manually. Is there an amount of time where it try's to reconnect before it RTL??? Using Google Nexus7 pad.
No, it should have returned immediately. Curious-Did it stop when it lost connection or was it already stationary?

A few questions are in order. When you took off did you have good GPS lock? Did you verify your home position on the app before takeoff? Did you have GPS when the disconnect happened?

My Solo does RTH during disconnects but I'm diligent to get GPS lock and home position before takeoff even though I mostly fly in manual.

There are also settings that can change the behavior during disconnects however if you haven't messed with Mission Planner or Tower that should not be the case, a stock Solo should RTH.

Do you remember if the lights on Solo were flashing Red? You can also test this on the ground by connecting normally like you are going to fly and turn the controller off. The Solo should start flashing Red to indicate RTH (RTL) mode. If that works, then like Robbi said above you could have lost GPS when you lost controller. But after a few seconds it should have started landing where it was.

Did you verify your home position on the app before takeoff? Did you have GPS when the disconnect happened?

Curious...what do you mean by "verify your home position"? On my app, the only thing I see on the screen is the GoPro view. I'm using the iOS version 1.3

I know i had GPS lock when i took off. i didn't notice the status of the solo lights or if had also lost gps. it was stationary when it lost connection. i also had to reconnect manually, shouldn't that be automatic?? i am new to the Android tablet. it was about 150ft away when it disconnected and in the middle of rain forest in Hawaii so other signal interference was not a problem.

On another note, since i am in an area of no cell coverage, i tried to preload maps on solo app. Did something change with the latest software update? I am not connected to solo and trying to save the maps, the icon on the right to save is not there anymore.

thanks in advance.

Curious...what do you mean by "verify your home position"? On my app, the only thing I see on the screen is the GoPro view. I'm using the iOS version 1.3
On Android swipe in from the left, that will bring up the Map view. On the Map view you will see the Solo represented by an arrow, the arrow facing the heading Solo is facing. When you arm Solo an "H" home position will appear on the Map view(must have GPS lock), verify this is your Home position because it is where Solo will return to. I remember early Phantom's would store home points at various places then guys would go to the field and lose GPS and the Phantom would fly away; well in those days we didn't have an app to verify Home.

Reactions: J R

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea