connect to satellites

Reaction score
I've had this solo about solo about 3 months and it worked great the first 2. Now it won't connect to any satellites. Ive done the calibations, replaced the compass, tried calling 3dr support it it rings once and disconnects. I am about to use it like a paper airplane. I am not a violent person, but I'm about to become one. Any help might save me from going to jail lol Thanks

There is lots of ways to protect from the shielding, my way I think is the easiest. Just use black tape, it's cheap and effective.

You said you replaced the compass... did you mean GPS? My first thought would be the internal cable that goes from the GPS to the main board. Have you checked that it is fully plugged in on both ends?

Unless a log is posted there is really no way for anyone to determine what may be going on. If you have no Sats replacing a compass is probably not the proper course of action.

Ive covered the shielding with electrical tape. Now it's beeping on and off says its searching for sats

I've had this solo about solo about 3 months and it worked great the first 2. Now it won't connect to any satellites. Ive done the calibations, replaced the compass, tried calling 3dr support it it rings once and disconnects. I am about to use it like a paper airplane. I am not a violent person, but I'm about to become one. Any help might save me from going to jail lol Thanks
Take battery out of controller and put back in

Reactions: JBAlaska
My new Solo came with a v2 GPS, so I got a nice isolation plate, the one with a copper shield on a 3D printed non-conductive thermo-set plate.
Cardboard prolly would have been GTG, but this plate was a perfect fit and also has 2 "sticky" copper tabs to cover the screw hole! Also the guide recommended to replace the large copper shield after the MOD.. "But they do not use it on their birds".
To me that read= works great without.. But to be on "the safe side" bla, bla. So my copper shild is in a ziplock and I have 9 to 12 Sat's locked within a minute or two from a "known" launch site and maybe three minutes from a new location. And I have never lost GPS lock while flying.
But I live in a farming area and there is little interference from 20 + Wi-Fi signals or EMR. I think most of us agree cardboard works just fine.

The loud constant beeping is telling you that the GPS is not plugged in. Or that the GPS cable is messed up and not connecting.

Reactions: JBAlaska
Ive covered the shielding with electrical tape. Now it's beeping on and off says its searching for sats
I may have misled you the tape go's between the shield and the GPS board, also try a new GPS cable (ive had 2 bad ones

Reactions: rotten ddmc
A long time ago, before Solo, there were a few cases of the GPS battery becoming dislodged and shorting out the GPS. Something else to check.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000