Compass Error

Reaction score
Need help, I was getting magnetic interference, tried everything, read on here and elsewhere until my eyes fell out.. So I gambled and replaced #4 leg, fired it up, no problem, flew 2-3 times after install.. Fire it up today and now it's compass error, for the life of me, I can't get it to accept a compass calibration. *Note* This unit was stored before and after on a 3/4" plywood table with a steel frame inside of a framed room in a metal building... FYI, this is our first drone, please be kind and keep the "what a dope" comments to a minimum, because, well, I know.......;)

Also< I have Tower if anyone can help me nav through it to maybe narrow down which compass might be defective..

Thanks for ANY help

Shafford

Haven't done it in a while, but here are the steps:

1 Launch Tower
2 Open the menu and go to Parameters
3 Search for the SYSID_SW_MREV parameter
4 Change the value to "0"
5 Go to the upper-right part of the screen and select the three dot icon
6 Select Upload Parameters
7 Turn off your Solo and then turn it back on
8 Complete both level and compass calibrations
9 Reset all vehicle settings as they will have been restored to the default (speed and RTL settings)

Reactions: Deadpool
Haven't done it in a while, but here are the steps:

1 Launch Tower
2 Open the menu and go to Parameters
3 Search for the SYSID_SW_MREV parameter
4 Change the value to "0"
5 Go to the upper-right part of the screen and select the three dot icon
6 Select Upload Parameters
7 Turn off your Solo and then turn it back on
8 Complete both level and compass calibrations
9 Reset all vehicle settings as they will have been restored to the default (speed and RTL settings)
Thanks, I'll try it again.. Do you need a door weight??? lol

MREV is the parameter reset - just follow the steps in my post above. Be sure to reboot the Solo after each calibration - level and compass calibration.
Thanks, I'll try that this afternoon

MREV is the parameter reset - just follow the steps in my post above. Be sure to reboot the Solo after each calibration - level and compass calibration.
Thanks jimloss, I did as you said, she's working like a beaut!!

Thanks again..

If you still have the problem "SPANK THE SOLO" yes give it a good 3 slaps on the Equp. bay. If still no help, change out the Pixhawk. (if you don't have a spare I'll send you one to try) you can also use MP to isolate each compass

If you still have the problem "SPANK THE SOLO" yes give it a good 3 slaps on the Equp. bay. If still no help, change out the Pixhawk. (if you don't have a spare I'll send you one to try) you can also use MP to isolate each compass
Thanks Dave, I was afraid DHR was going to be called on me because of the a$$ whippings it had already gotten!! It appears to be be fine now after going thru all of the cals.. I appreciate the offer!!

I'm just happy you got it working, super guy's up there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc