Commercial Part 107 Operators... Quick Question

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Reaction score
Hello,
Just putting out the feelers on commercial use. How many 3DR owners here are using them for work purposes? We are going to be offering commercial operators a special forum that is only UAV work related. Would this be something 3DR operators would be interested in?

Please let us know your thoughts on this.
Thank you.

I'm on the fence about this.
I'm not sure if having a UAV work related only forum is good or bad. I mean, there's a lot of professional uses for a UAV that even non commercial users would be interested in. For instance I myself don't have a Part 107, I intend to get one the end of January though, and at the moment I'm still learning (from here) different ways to to do mapping, survey's for my own personal use with hopes to put the knowledge to commercial use after I obtain my part 107. So that really doesn't fall into the category of UAV work related only and yet it could. Having said that, a UAV work related only forum might do away with some of the pissing contests and people posting bad photo shopped drone jokes.... which some may appreciate.

Reactions: jasonferrier
I'd be up for that.

The forum has suffered from newbies who are too lazy to search for past problems posted, can't spell and use verbiage incorrectly to get their point across.

With that said, there is most likely Soloists who have their part 107 who still fall into that category.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
This forum will be strictly business to cut out the fluff. We want it to be populated by people who are business minded whether you are already working in the field or seriously thinking about it, this will be a place for you. It will be non-manufacturer branded but it will contain sections for specific drones to discuss model only topics as well as other topics.

One of the reasons I became interested in the Solo was to get into the commercial side of things. In the short time that I've been on this forum I see a real value in the perspectives of the experts here and insight into the commercial aspects would be as welcome as the input given on the Solo specific topics.

This forum will be strictly business to cut out the fluff. We want it to be populated by people who are business minded whether you are already working in the field or seriously thinking about it, this will be a place for you. It will be non-manufacturer branded but it will contain sections for specific drones to discuss model only topics as well as other topics.
That's a really good split. There's no harm in being enthusiastic about a particular brand, where you help support fellow users and longevity of the systems - but in a commercial environment it would be very useful to compare and contrast equipment options in an totally objective way - right tool for the job approach.

Looking at future potential opportunities here.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
I’d love to see this. I use two of my solos strictly for business. It would be nice to have a commercial solo forum outside of the Site Scan bullcrap

Hello,
Just putting out the feelers on commercial use. How many 3DR owners here are using them for work purposes? We are going to be offering commercial operators a special forum that is only UAV work related. Would this be something 3DR operators would be interested in?

Please let us know your thoughts on this.
Thank you.
Yes, we have 107. We use stock solo and stock dji p3 drones

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000