cold weather GPS issues

Reaction score
My solo has been flying fine up till today, the temp dropped to about 40 degrees and now I'm always loosing gps signal.
First it took about 5 min to get lock with 6 satellites (normally about a min with 8+) then during flight I lost signal a few times. At one point I had 12 satellites and all of a sudden it lost gps and went to manual.

I was in areas where I had no issues before.
Any suggestions?

The k index monitor on my phone said it was 2 today for my location.
I've flown in 4 and 5 pre gimbal with no problems biggest change today is the temp. (20 degrees colder than yesterday )
I'm going to try again tomorrow if I have issues I'm going to contact 3dr support

The k index monitor on my phone said it was 2 today for my location.
I've flown in 4 and 5 pre gimbal with no problems biggest change today is the temp. (20 degrees colder than yesterday )
I'm going to try again tomorrow if I have issues I'm going to contact 3dr support

Hmm- just a thought. I hope it's not the cold- that would really be a bad limitation.

I hope too, temp here is just starting to go down. I'm going to double check the copper shield on the gps and the wiring might even do a stick cal and compass cal just to cover everything I can.

Just turned on solo in my living room got 8 satellites locked in 2 min...up to 10 in 3
Going to bring it outside to see if it changes in the cold

Hell, just open a window and crank the AC and fly it in your living room just for laughs. :) Yeah, let us know how it goes.

Not much different outside...must be the k index . I can get 13 satellites but no lock for some reason.
I will try again tomorrow

Got home from work, powered up and the controller stopped at "waiting for solo"
I contacted 3dr was directed to do a factory reset no go rma back to get fixed

Looks like this may be gimbal related, with gimbal installed I couldn't factory reset/pair I tried again after removing the gimbal and everything fired up and I got gps lock with 10 satellites within 3 min.

I'm going to take it out for a flight without the gimbal after work tomorrow then install the gimbal and see what happens.

Turns out it was solo that went bad, got a rma started now the wait till the new one is shipped

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela