Clouds...

Reaction score
Seems slow in here, so I thought I'd post a test video from Saturday, nothing exciting. Two things, pan speed is in real time, not bad considering what YT does to videos. The clouds, worked on correcting the contrast to create depth, rather than a big white blob. Comments welcome, as always...also this was edit in GP Studios.

Shot in 2.7K60, ND16, EV 0.0 , I did shoot some 2.7K30 with the ND16, but the motion blur was too much for me while panning.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Plan B.R3.1

Looks good Rich
I just find 60fps works better on Drone footage. The only exception might be low light, stationary or near stationary movement
The blur on any movement is brutal in 30 or 24

The raw imagery looked clean, 2.7K30, but the moving traffic along with my panning speed looked odd. I could see 24 or 30fps being useful if the scene was static or had slower moving objects. Possibly an ND8 would have worked better....in that example. In either case, learning by doing.

Reactions: RDA and pyrate
Thanks for always posting your details of your camera Rich. It really helps to learn.

I'll admit that your windmill video, as simple as it is, opened my eyes to what crisp, clean video should look like. It inspired me to get better and try by doing. I've only flown for less than a couple hours seriously, but I'm getting better. I was always more of a film shoot guy than a drone operator.

A couple questions, I noticed that you use Vimeo and I think I see why. Is there anyway to get YouTube as clean looking as the same video on Vimeo? My stuff on Vimeo looks so much better.

I've learned the value of filters, and also the slow pan from you. Thanks. I was also out on Saturday evening up north here shooting a nice sunset. I only had my old GP 3 Black, but with a filter and no wind it was pretty good I must say.

I had the camera set to wide as I was actually playing around with different still frame camera settings, but the sunset was so nice that I decided to make a video despite the view of the props.

Keep posting tips for us beginners, lol. And thanks.

Kind words, thank you. I'm no expert on any subject, I'm just learning as I go, a bunch of trials and errors. I look forward to shooting the windmill every time I visit, just an interesting subject.

Nice vid, picturesque little town and river...Thanks for sharing it. I appreciate when people post settings and/or mods done that helped their videos, you're holding back... It's an introduction to the video, it helps others find their way to the same. And whether you stabilized the video or not.

Vimeo was Jubal's recommendation back when, it does the best. Lately Vimeo has run slow for me, so I've turned back to YT only to see how the videos fair off the net. Maybe that is why YT doesn't look as well as Vimeo, they compress the image down, basically destroying the quality for better speed of delivery. I typically upload in 2.7K but watch in 1080 to compare my results.

What you are seeing in most of my videos is just a by-product of my endeavor. I'm insanely trying to reduce the vibes in hardware, just something I'm fascinated with. Further, I'm no videographer or post production wiz, so what you see is what you get... I do enjoy flying Solo, it's been a great bird and platform.

Post videos, learning by doing....

So, speaking speaking of learning by doing...

Have installed User_Name's silicone gimbal control cable, just about no visible "Jello" in vids. I'm trying to decide if I'm seeing other vibration that just looks like video tearing during faster yaw movements or if the SDCard is just too slow for the data stream...

Thoughts?

So, speaking speaking of learning by doing...

Have installed User_Name's silicone gimbal control cable, just about no visible "Jello" in vids. I'm trying to decide if I'm seeing other vibration that just looks like video tearing during faster yaw movements or if the SDCard is just too slow for the data stream...

Thoughts?
The Patch cable is the best thing so far regarding micro vibes, which provides a better "in-focus" imagery. The Macro vibes or Jello when in yaw or pan, you see it at the same time if hardware related. If software related, it'll move around on the timeline.

Could be any number of reasons, I'd have to see a video to offer further help... Are you sure it isn't the lack of encoders...;)

Just wanted to post up a video from this past weekend's gimbal efforts. More clouds to stay on topic. It's a work in progress and tuning is the time consuming part as is reviewing the resulting videos. I see the flaws in this video, but worth posting up for others to see where I'm heading.

Unfortunately the video was shot with Sharpness set on High, so there is some effects from that after coloring up in post. I shoot in high-sharp so I can see the test results without having to edit for a quicker review...time is money.

2.7K60, EV 0, PT, GPColor, Sharp-H, NO FILTERS, Stock Lens, no post stab, edited in GP Studios, nothing but air...

If you haven't diy'd or bought User Name's patch cable your missing out on better resulting videos. What interests me with that solution is the reduced need for a filter to tone down the incoming light. Crispness of light colored or reflective objects is the indicator, it's the micro vibes that creates the need for heavier filtering.

Plan B.R3.3

Reactions: pyrate
J
If you haven't diy'd or bought User Name's patch cable your missing out on better resulting videos. What interests me with that solution is the reduced need for a filter to tone down the incoming light. Crispness of light colored or reflective objects is the indicator, it's the micro vibes that creates the need for heavier filtering.

Plan B.R3.3

I'll have to do more reading on this cable.

Here's another portion from the same vid, just more imagery from a different perspective...

Reactions: pyrate
Looks good Rich. Work is kicking me butt
Miss flying
All work and no play makes Pyrate a dull boy....;)

Was just posting the video for you guys not getting any stick time. Mine comes in spurts, between weather, work or family. Besides there are only so many epic locations in H-town that I feel comfortable flying.

Appreciate the check in...working smarter, not harder.

All work and no play makes Pyrate a dull boy....;)

Was just posting the video for you guys not getting any stick time. Mine comes in spurts, between weather, work or family. Besides there are only so many epic locations in H-town that I feel comfortable flying.

Appreciate the check in...working smarter, not harder.
Oh I am around
Just not that active, got the green cube in my test solo and its flying.
Finished the x8 airframe ready for gimbal
Finally got the cable in solo Prime, and ordered a new gimbal. I was down to one good one, and two bent ones

But
We kicked off a project in February to convert my entire organization from paper and 20 year old software to Salesforce.com and the cloud. Drivers and Techs are going mobile app.
And guess who gets to train all 630 co-workers.
This is my last big project before retirement, so it is fun. Been pushing for this update for 5 years.
It will all be over by October and I can go back to playing

I just bought two batteries and two more gimbals, can't beat the current prices. The way things are going, my great grandchildren will be flying a Solo...;)

Offer is still open to attempt to straighten out your gimbals.....just ship them to me...

I downloaded the trial version of Premier Pro, here's my first effort....

Reactions: Ricard and pyrate

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea