Chicago Celebrates

Reaction score
Congrats to the city of Chicago, and fans everywhere of the Cubs. Back to the World Series after 71 long years. Kinda sucks for me, since I am a lifelong Dodger fan, but if anyone had to beat them, I am glad it was the Cubs. So, good luck Chicago, and kick some Cleveland tail.......

Reactions: SARDG
Congrats to the city of Chicago, and fans everywhere of the Cubs. Back to the World Series after 71 long years. Kinda sucks for me, since I am a lifelong Dodger fan, but if anyone had to beat them, I am glad it was the Cubs. So, good luck Chicago, and kick some Cleveland tail.......
My wife is from Chicago and is a staunch Cubs fan. My ears are still ringing..:confused::confused:

Indians and Cubs, World Series, never in a million years.....and here we are....Looking forward to watching some great baseball.

My wife is from Chicago and is a staunch Cubs fan. My ears are still ringing..:confused::confused:
Well, it should be fun around your house this next week. It is kind of a win-win for you. If the Cubs do well, you will have a happy wife, which is always great for us married guys. On the flip side, if by chance the Cubs don't do so well, you can always get out of Dodge and go fly until things cool off a bit......:D

Reactions: Maddog
Indians and Cubs, World Series, never in a million years.....and here we are....Looking forward to watching some great baseball.
Well, the NFL is dead to me since the players have refused to stand for the National Anthem (which has spread to high schools). I hope MLB doesn't start the same crap or there will be another sport to ignore.

Well, the NFL is dead to me since the players have refused to stand for the National Anthem (which has spread to high schools). I hope MLB doesn't start the same crap or there will be another sport to ignore.
Damn skippy!!

Well, it should be fun around your house this next week. It is kind of a win-win for you. If the Cubs do well, you will have a happy wife, which is always great for us married guys. On the flip side, if by chance the Cubs don't do so well, you can always get out of Dodge and go fly until things cool off a bit......:D
I'm gonna hafta wear ear plugs.o_O

Reactions: Chuck
Damn skippy!!
Hmmm... well I understand the Constitution, and that I served 6 years in the Navy/Navy Reserve and 15 more in the Coast Guard Aux so that, uh... people like that could continue to make gestures like that, but I don't have to personally like it or support it. The NFL players and these high school kids need about 20 years in the military and in a war zone and perhaps they'd change their tune.

Sorry to temporarily detract from the Cubbies win. Hope I don't have to boycott the games, but I'm sure that they don't care much about SARDG's boycotts - as long as the TV revenue keeps streaming in - which they wouldn't if more were as displeased as I. :rolleyes:

Well it is their right, but sure boycotting will make a quiet statement.

The MLB players stand on the foul line for the opening of each game. Whether they join in or not is their right, but it is respect for the game requires them to participate, otherwise the league see it as disrespecting the game and is not tolerated. The baseball family will eat their own if you disrespect the game. I think you're good, play ball....

Reactions: Chuck and SARDG
Hmmm... well I understand the Constitution, and that I served 6 years in the Navy/Navy Reserve and 15 more in the Coast Guard Aux so that, uh... people like that could continue to make gestures like that, but I don't have to personally like it or support it. The NFL players and these high school kids need about 20 years in the military and in a war zone and perhaps they'd change their tune.

Sorry to temporarily detract from the Cubbies win. Hope I don't have to boycott the games, but I'm sure that they don't care much about SARDG's boycotts - as long as the TV revenue keeps streaming in - which they wouldn't if more were as displeased as I. :rolleyes:
First off, thank you for your service, SARDG. Secondly, the freedoms we enjoy includes freedom of speech. Personally, I don't think disrespecting the flag falls under that freedom. To me, they are disrespecting those who have served, are currently serving, and worse, those who gave their lives for our country. I agree that baseball has the right idea. By disrespecting the flag, you are disrespecting the game. I am a big NASCAR fan, and you would be hard pressed to find anyone at a race disrespecting the flag. More than likely, you would have a fight on your hands if you did that at a race. Anyway, just my $.02, and I will get off my soapbox....;)

Reactions: Maddog and SARDG
First off, thank you for your service, SARDG. Secondly, the freedoms we enjoy includes freedom of speech. Personally, I don't think disrespecting the flag falls under that freedom. To me, they are disrespecting those who have served, are currently serving, and worse, those who gave their lives for our country. I agree that baseball has the right idea. By disrespecting the flag, you are disrespecting the game. I am a big NASCAR fan, and you would be hard pressed to find anyone at a race disrespecting the flag. More than likely, you would have a fight on your hands if you did that at a race. Anyway, just my $.02, and I will get off my soapbox....;)
I don't mention my service to elicit thank you's as no thanks is really necessary. For decades after Vietnam, a Vet couldn't buy a thank you for a million bucks..

I've noticed several on here who have served, though the Veteran ranks are shrinking. Most of my peers were graduating from high school and going to college; I hated school, but wanted to get away and sow my wild oats and see the world. And so I did... stationed at Pearl Harbor so I got the last laugh.

But I don't believe that those who perpetrate this folly even realize why and how they are legally able to continue to do that and what it means to live in the USA. No clue about history and how our country and her freedoms allow it. Try something similar in N. Korea or China! Better yet, move to N. Korea or China and let me know how that works for them.

Sorry.... didn't push you off the soapbox, to get on it.

So... does this Series have a nickname yet - like the Subway Series, the I-70 Series (Kansas City Royals/St. Louis Cardinals), the Streetcar Series (St. Louis Browns/St. Louis Cardinals), etc? Let's see... Chi Town is on a Great Lake, and Cleveland is the Mistake on the Lake... maybe the Great Lakes Series?

Reactions: Maddog and Chuck
I haven't heard of a series nickname yet. I know there is some controversy in Cleveland about using the term "Indians". In fact, I thought I heard somewhere that at games played in Cleveland, the announcers could not use the name "Indians". Like that hasn't been the team name for how many years? With Chicago being the Cubs, maybe PETA will get involved, and it can be called the "Activist Series".........:rolleyes:

Just heard on the news that NFL viewership is down for 3 main reasons - the leading reason being the National Anthem protests. I am NOT alone. There is hope!

Go Cubs!

Great game, just good baseball in general. Nicely matched teams and some amazing pitching.

I think the tide is changing. Seems many are tired of seeing America being disrespected, by our own no less. Maybe we do have a chance to change course...

Reactions: Chuck and SARDG
Cubs fans all over the country are rejoicing this morning. Congrats to all the Chicago faithful. It will go down as one of the best World Series in history. I enjoyed every minute of it!

Well, that sure beat about 100% of the Super Bowls that I ever watched. Glad I don't watch the NFL anymore. Presumably the Cubs won't wait another century+ for the next Series win. If so, I'll sit that one out. And most people don't think of Harry Caray as a Cards announcer, but that's here he was born and who I listened to with my Grandpa. Too bad he missed this.

I have a scanner app on my tablet and tuned in the Chicago PD right after the game. There were >14K listeners alone checking out the uh... celebrations, from the PD perspective. Great night to be a Cub's fan - not so good a night to be a cop in Chi Town.

Congrats to the Cubbies...

Reactions: Chuck
Yeah, next to Vin Scully, Harry was my favorite announcer to listen to. I would have loved to hear him announce this Series. Let's hope Chicago celebrates their Championship in style alongside the Chicago PD, instead of against them.

Yeah, next to Vin Scully, Harry was my favorite announcer to listen to. I would have loved to hear him announce this Series. Let's hope Chicago celebrates their Championship in style alongside the Chicago PD, instead of against them.
Jack Buck is who I remember most, calling the Cards. Now his son Joe is doing a respectable job all over the place.

Just saw this, my dad has been watching the cubs for 50 some years, my grandpa even longer, GO CUBBIES!!!

Reactions: Quinn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421