Cheap Gimbal.

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I tried looking this up to see if there is already a thread for this but they are only about the 3dr gimbals.

I am wondering if anyone here has purchased a cheap no name gimbal from eBay or Alibaba? If so is it direct fit and what is the results?

I wish 3dr came with everything like the Phantom does!

I bought a cheaper gimbal to use temporarily. It wasn't as smooth as the solo gimbal. I was able to assign a servo channel and piggyback the power from Solo. However it still shook a little and caused magnetic interference. You have to move it very far forward and low to avoid getting magnetic interference. Also a warning if you do get it to power up and the gimbal gets in the line of magnetic lines then you will lose GPS and have to fly in manual until it gets a lock again. Best bet is to avoid a cheap gimbal and get the solo gimbal. I had to smooth the video in editing to get the same results as the solo gimbal.

The cheap gimbal was a feiyu tech ultra 3 axis aircraft gimbal.

I'm also interested in this. I have a Tarot gimbal coming, no idea how to install it, though. I have a friend 3d printing the mounting plate. Any info would be very welcome

This is the only hope for this country. Guys like you, figuring stuff out in your basement or garage. It's stuff like you're doing that made this country great. I wish there was more of you. Build, man, build...

Jerry

Alright, so i got the tarot, programmed it and installed it. Also had a friend 3d print the backing plate for it. Seems to work fine, the FPV is a bit of an issue as the cable is heavy. I used a 6inch micro HDMI extension and removed the shielding from most of it. It looks like shit, but it works. Also you need to mount the gopro upside down, otherwise you cant get the HDMI cable in.

So far so good, cost me 100$ overall.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela