Chasing a Schematic and/or Boardview Overlay, for each of the PCBs found within the 3DR Gimbal -

Reaction score
Anyone stumbled across either of these critical documents yet?

I have recently acquired 'a Gimbal-gone-wild', ( will power up, but oscillates violently across both axis - meaning that it shakes both left-and-right, as well as up-and-down... )

Thus the requirement for the Schematic and / or Boardview Overlay, so I can get to it and fix it quick-smart!

( I'm pretty comfortable with SMD reflow assembly and repair, along with Hardware fault diagnosis... )

Lemme know below -

I've never seen such. And believe you me, I've looked.

I started hand tracing the HDMI paths out of boredom, but that is as far as I got.

I think many have been looking for the last four years... I'd settle for 3DR just saying what the issue is...

Thinking back, four years ago the gimbal started to deliver to all the pre-orders...Best Buy. The thousand or so individuals that pre-ordered...they waited. For many a marketing blunder. I bought from BB, 1600 bucks for the kit and camera. Solo 2.0 would have been dominating, great engineering with many lessons learned.

From my experience the drummer syndrome follows the top (yaw) board gimbal to gimbal. I suspect the U2 chip. Lead free solder could be the issue, it played havoc on the micro hdmi connector. Or just a bad chip for whatever reason.

Reactions: Bigdawg
Richo,

I've read EVERY WORD you and Bruce have ever typed in here! Thanks for the tip -

I'll report back shortly as to my findings...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc