Chased by a butterfly...don't laugh

Reaction score
Ok a first for me. I went up for a short flight just before dusk and as I was coming back to land a butterfly was climbing to meet the Solo, I was about 35 feet up. I thought at first I was just crossing a path he was on, so I turned and instead of continuing on he climbed and followed as I made a 100 foot circle. I didn't want to chew him up in the blades so I flew away a bit faster. I had speed settings on the low side, so not a speedy retreat.
Surprised me how hard he tried. Not sure what interest he had in drone maybe he saw red light on camera or LEDs and thought it was a flower. Anyone else ever have this happen?
I've had angry bees chase me and get smashed in props but never a butterfly.

I've had a mockingbird challenge my Solo, but never an insect. I was just hovering near a tree, and he just showed up out of nowhere...he was very aggressive. I retreated as fast as I could, but he almost got into the props...would have been ugly for him and the Solo.

Seagulls have gotten territorially pissy many times with me (usually up to Bout 60ft AGL after which they bugger off) but never a butterfly. Are you sure it wasnt simply caught in or riding your prop vortices ?

Seagulls are crazy, have had to run from them several times in SD with a bunch of quads. Had to hand catch an Inspire 1 while he was still swooping down and they almost hit me in the face. Never had any issues with bugs, but they also can't them out of the sky.

I was going straight up about 10 feet from a tree and as I got to the top about 50 feet up a butterfly came out from the tree and I couldn't move away fast enough and it went straight into the props. The only thing worse than watching the poor thing floating down out of the sky was realizing my kids were in the yard shouting dad just killed a butterfly! They all gathered around the half that survived and I "fixed" it and set it on the grass. As soon as they were gone I had to quickly hide it in the woods to die peacefully....

I got tired of being bugged by blackbirds messing up my videos the other day they kept messing up a quite technical vid, after the second time they ruined a otherwise perfect video, I hit pause at 100' AGL, went in the house grabbed my Nebula 230 and Goggles.. Just meant to chase them off but accidently turned one into feathers.. No really I just meant to chase them off, I think must have lost S/A... Yeah yeah that's the ticket I lost S/A poor little birdie.. Sob sob [emoji24][emoji879]️

Reactions: Wetstone
The Furibee Nebula 230 is a mid level Racer, that just happens to be on a flash sale at GB at this moment for $99.99 usd! I Paid quite a bit more for mine and it's totally worth it! 26 pieces left at the time of this post, true 100mph+ club member!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea