Charging Solo Batteries

Reaction score
I recently moved to a new home and had to pack all of my gear up in boxes for the move. 2 months later, I still can’t find the box that I packed my stock battery chargers in. I’ve used these since I first bought my Solo and they have worked well.

I’m getting impatient to get Solo back in the air, I may be forced to purchase a couple of used battery chargers off eBay. Hence my question, for you more experienced folks, if you were in my shoes, would you buy additional stock chargers, or is there an after market Lipo charger I should be considering?

Thanks in advance...

I'm only using stock chargers, but others have invested in true lipo chargers and made up plugs to interface with the stock battery. This makes good sense as the lipo charger can be used for other batteries and/or purposes. Stock charger just have one purpose, but are a cheap and ready solution when charging multiple batteries.

I guess the question boils down to needs, future needs...and then costs. There are several threads regarding alternative chargers, plugs and such related to batteries. These should help you decide what is the best path for your needs... Good luck.

I'm only using stock chargers, but others have invested in true lipo chargers and made up plugs to interface with the stock battery. This makes good sense as the lipo charger can be used for other batteries and/or purposes. Stock charger just have one purpose, but are a cheap and ready solution when charging multiple batteries.

I guess the question boils down to needs, future needs...and then costs. There are several threads regarding alternative chargers, plugs and such related to batteries. These should help you decide what is the best path for your needs... Good luck.

Thank you sir, I have done a bit or research of some of the DIY Multi-chargers on the forums. I think I am interesting in acquiring something with the capability to charge other batteries as well rather the build a Solo specific charger.

I’d be very interested in people’s opinion of what they consider to be superior values in this space. When I look around, prices range from $25-$300 or more. I’m not sophisticated enough to know what features might be required vs optional. I know that with Solo, all of the balancing and features are in the smart battery itself. But it seems that if you buy other batteries, they may not have a advanced battery management system.

I’ve not flown a lot of other electrical Drones or RC planes. What would others that use their chargers for things beyond Solo be looking for.

K

I am having issues with my batteries,i have them charged at 100%'i fly for 5-7 minutes and controller says low battery,i return home change batteries and the lights on the battery says it is at three quarter charge,has happened several times but not always,I have three batteries and they all have done this,any ideas?

I am having issues with my batteries,i have them charged at 100%'i fly for 5-7 minutes and controller says low battery,i return home change batteries and the lights on the battery says it is at three quarter charge,has happened several times but not always,I have three batteries and they all have done this,any ideas?

Keith,

You may to read this...

Solo Battery Calibration Part 2.pdf

@FJRPilot if you are looking for a versatile off-the-shelf charger I think most recommend HiTec branded chargers. From what I've read quality, battery types supported, amps and ability to discharge are all factors to be considered. Keep in mind most wanted a multi-charger to charge multiple batteries from a single charger and also provided a higher amp output to reduce charging times.

Here is the unit I considered (gen prior) when there was the conversations about alternative Solo chargers... X4 AC Pro AC/DC Four Port Multicharger | HITEC RCD USA

Again several threads here discussing the pros and cons of various solutions...OTS or DIY

@FJRPilot if you are looking for a versatile off-the-shelf charger I think most recommend HiTec branded chargers. From what I've read quality, battery types supported, amps and ability to discharge are all factors to be considered. Keep in mind most wanted a multi-charger to charge multiple batteries from a single charger and also provided a higher amp output to reduce charging times.

Here is the unit I considered (gen prior) when there was the conversations about alternative Solo chargers... X4 AC Pro AC/DC Four Port Multicharger | HITEC RCD USA

Again several threads here discussing the pros and cons of various solutions...OTS or DIY

Thank you... I purchased that exact charger after reading some of the threads. I have yet to actually use it, I need to fabricate connector's for the Solo Battery packs and life has again gotten in the way, preventing me from DIYing a suitable solution. Perhaps over the Thanksgiving holiday I can put something together. I really enjoyed watching Matt's YouTube Video...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yep, still relevant threads here to answer the un-common questions. The DIY crowd that bought Solo left a lot of useful information behind for us to benefit from... Yep Matt is aces, but I'm more entertained by his ability to confront trolls....;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc