Change GoPro settings within Solo app

Reaction score
Hello, everyone
I just got my gimbal, installed it. According to what I've read, I can't change GoPro settings within Solo app until next firmware or Solo app update. If I'm incorrect, would anyone has instructions on how to change the settings?

Thanks,

You are correct. As of now the GoPro settings have to be made within the GoPro itself prior to taking off. It is sure going to be nice to be able to make these changes during flight.

Reactions: regularguyto
That is for sure. But you know, I went into this Solo adventure knowing there were going to be problems at first. I am in it for the long haul, and I think the future will well be worth the hiccups.

Reactions: Del
I'm new to this flying camera stuff so maybe you could tell me what settings you would like to change in flight and why?
Muchas gracias amigos!

It would be nice to change from taking video to stills, and to change the camera parameters for each during flight to get the shot that you want. As of now, you have to have the camera set up before you take off.

It would be nice to change from taking video to stills, and to change the camera parameters for each during flight to get the shot that you want. As of now, you have to have the camera set up before you take off.

I see- thanks!

For stills I have been using GoPro studio to export still frames from the video. They look very sharp- will a dedicated still shot give better results?

I was also going to set my camera to "video+ stills" before take off. Obviously the stills would be random as they are on a timer, not being triggered by me, but I thought it was better than nothing for now.

I am by no means an expert on the GoPro, but it seems to me that a dedicated shot would need less post shot editing than one taken from video. I am sure someone on this forum can expand on that for you. I am just starting to play with the gimbal. Since I installed it, it seems like all my time has been taken with the the other daily issues of life....:(. I should have time today to go out and play with it. I really like the area you are from. There are a lot of nice places in the Phoenix area. You have some great flying areas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maddog
I am by no means an expert on the GoPro, but it seems to me that a dedicated shot would need less post shot editing than one taken from video. I am sure someone on this forum can expand on that for you. I am just starting to play with the gimbal. Since I installed it, it seems like all my time has been taken with the the other daily issues of life....:(. I should have time today to go out and play with it. I really like the area you are from. There are a lot of nice places in the Phoenix area. You have some great flying areas.

I hear that! I hate when life gets in the way of having fun. :-(
Great flying weather here, but too hot in the summer. I did a little test flying today, (it's "only" 100 now) and I was well done!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle