Carbon Fiber Prop Test

Reaction score
I was trying to get the cable cam app to work more smoothly in wind. I found it kinda bouncy with stock props. I had an old pair of CF DSLR props that did a beautiful job. Very smooth. Problem now is they no longer have these. Bit of a bummer. Perfect match to the stock prop too just a bit smaller.

upload_2015-7-28_13-37-4.jpeg

Google wasn't much help,... where can I get carbon fiber blades for the solo?

The P3 props will work. But beware. They are not high quality, need balancing (and doing that can compromise them). They really don't add much if anything but tweakiness, and are much more dangerous.

You might have a look at these. The profile looks similar to the one I have used on the solo.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0MKD0R7WJBD2ZR4Z5S75

If you use these make sure you balance before you fly. In winds it does keep the bird smoother for a crane style shot. Nevertheless the change in flight dynamics is subtle and getting nicked by CF is nasty.

Yea I second balancing, I threw some "pre balanced cf props" on p2 and it couldn't even stay in the air they were so bad. Almost became my first real crash just before I bought solo. QC on a lot of these cf props is bad at best.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado