Can't seem to get satellite maps on ios

Reaction score
I can't seem to get satellite maps on ios, everything is updated but I only get regular maps.

what mobile device are you using? wifi only ipads for instance don't have gps so maps will have to be cached when internet is available.

I'm using the iPad mini 2, even hooked up to wifi I only get "regular"maps I can't even see satellite images.
I'm thinking it has to be a setting in the iPad I'm going to try reloading the app again

Only regular maps, no satellite maps on iPad mini (wifi only), the caching for maps is not working. Also tried the new version on iPhone6 and still no satellite maps. No way of switching map to satellite display.
This was working with previous version.

Recently updated the Solo app to 2.3.1, and could not get the satellite maps to display, tried everything, but no satellite maps.
I even clear the browser cache.

Before I was using an iPhone6 and controller only, this time using the iPhone6, controller and the drone, the maps worked when the drone acquired GPS. So using the flight planner on the app home screen, switch the map view to satellite. Then in Solo flight mode the satellite maps are displayed when you swipe the screen from the left to right. So the drone needs to be in the mix to select map display types.

Retested the setup with my iPad mini (wi-fi only), cached the maps as before, connected to the Solo link, with the drone active The satellite maps are displayed.

Hope this help someone, be safe and happy landing......

Anthony so you are saying that the sat images are only displayed when you actually connect to solo? and if you aren't connected, even if you previously cached sat images, you don't see them?

This is information is regarding the iOS version.
Using only the app and controller, the app has all maps in flight planning using the filter options. But in Solo fly mode, no filter options are available. If you swipe to view the map in fly mode with no drone present, the map is the standard satellite view, but once the drone in present with GPS, the map display is the full satellite map view.
So the system will only display the satellite map with the drone present, if the drone is not preset the regular map is displayed. If using a wi-fi only iPad with no cached maps you get a black grid display when the drone is present, once cached the display is correct. The display filter for Solo fly maps are set automatically.

Hope this helps......

Last edited:
This is information is regarding the iOS version.
Using only the app and controller, the app has all maps in flight planning using the filter options. But in Solo fly mode, no filter options are available. If you swipe to view the map in fly mode with no drone present, the map is the standard satellite view, but once the drone in present with GPS, the map display is the full satellite map view.
So the system will only display the satellite map with the drone present, if the drone is not preset the regular map is displayed. If using a wi-fi only iPad with no cached maps you get a black grid display when the drone is present, once cached the display is correct. The display filter for Solo fly maps are set automatically.

Hope this helps......
Wow that seems convoluted, I've been wondering about this and will try it today. I have been selecting the planning menu with just iPad and zero comes up. I thought I'd be able to plan missions before i would head out using just the iPad. Seems odd that I have to have everything powered on and sat connected to do this.

The Solo app has no planning mission functionality, the maps on the home screen is for information only on ATC and restrictions in your area and set the map display type in flight mode. But if the drone is not connected with GPS locked, you will,only see the standard map display. In flight mode, there is no option to change the map display type. If you have an iPad Wi-fi only, you will need to connect to the Internet before you fly and using the flight planner filter options select the Satellite view, then move around the area and zoom in and out, this will cache the maps for when you are connected to the drone via Solo link.

The Solo app has no planning mission functionality, the maps on the home screen is for information only on ATC and restrictions in your area and set the map display type in flight mode. But if the drone is not connected with GPS locked, you will,only see the standard map display. In flight mode, there is no option to change the map display type. If you have an iPad Wi-fi only, you will need to connect to the Internet before you fly and using the flight planner filter options select the Satellite view, then move around the area and zoom in and out, this will cache the maps for when you are connected to the drone via Solo link.
Thx I just tried that and it worked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc