Can't connect with Tower or Mission Planner

Reaction score
OK, been having trouble the last few days with this. I try to connect with Tower, and the connection is unusable. i thought it was only Tower. So today I flew a few batteries and wanted to D/L the Data flash logs. I connect my laptop to the Solo network, connect, but can't D/L the logs, can't even get the Data flash log menu to open.

Any ideas?? Both use UDP to connect...

I've been having a similar issue with Mission Planner. When I attempt to pull the dataflash logs, the gimbal starts moving/clicking and MP ultimatly locks up and I need to kill it to stop the clicking and kill the app.

I was able to pull the logs manually but you'll need to use putty to ssh into the Solo and then winscp to pull the logs off.

If you need more details on how to do this let me know. I'm going to try connecting via Tower now as I haven't tried using Tower since last year.

I've been having a similar issue with Mission Planner. When I attempt to pull the dataflash logs, the gimbal starts moving/clicking and MP ultimatly locks up and I need to kill it to stop the clicking and kill the app.
Mine has always done that exact same thing when trying retrieve logs via MP.

I have had that issue as well. I just "turtled" the Solo (flip on its back) it disables the gimbal, or so I have read. and then I was able to D/L the logs no issue. I was also able to run Tower without issue, and recently (I think since last app update, but not sure) I have had the issue.

for mission planner to download logs it has to go over serial then udp. that is why its slow and fails most of the time. dataflash logs are automatically flushed to the /logs/dataflash directory now so the recommended method to download dataflash logs is to use solo-cli or plain jane ssh.

for mission planner to download logs it has to go over serial then udp. that is why its slow and fails most of the time. dataflash logs are automatically flushed to the /logs/dataflash directory now so the recommended method to download dataflash logs is to use solo-cli or plain jane ssh.
I'll try that, but honestly I think MP may be easier, maybe not faster. Last successful D/L via MP was around 3/17/2016. I think everything was up to date. Was there an app or Solo firmware change since then?

mp connects to solo via udp, but due to the nature of solo, pixhawk 2 isn't exposed via udp. solo has to tell the pixhawk to flush the logs, the logs actually have to be written to solo and then transferred via udp.

when you use solo-cli the logs are xferred to your desktop in seconds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo