Canadian SFOC SECURITY PLAN! -help

Reaction score
I am currently applying for another SFOC, as mine expires here soon.

The new application now has REQUIREMENTS and one of the requirements is a Security Plan? What is this plan and what specifics do I need in it?

I tried google but I cant find anything really related to SFOCS in Canada.

I have attached a copy of the new SFOC Application form if you want to read It!

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• 2017 National UAV application with Appendix%27s RDIMS-#12694056-v7-APPLICATION_FOR_AN_SFOC.pdf
    558.4 KB · Views: 17
Holy Crap- 19 pages! I think I had less paperwork to complete when I bought my last house!
Seriously I just don't understand this anti-drone mentality. You would think you are requesting to transport nuclear waste across the country.
In the US, roughly 30,000 people are killed annually in car crashes but no one blinks an eye to hop in a car. When they see a 2kg drone in the air they act like we are running around with a time bomb ready to go off.
Frustrating.

Holy Crap- 19 pages! I think I had less paperwork to complete when I bought my last house!
Seriously I just don't understand this anti-drone mentality. You would think you are requesting to transport nuclear waste across the country.
In the US, roughly 30,000 people are killed annually in car crashes but no one blinks an eye to hop in a car. When they see a 2kg drone in the air they act like we are running around with a time bomb ready to go off.
Frustrating.
Yes but did you have to take a test to get your license to drive your car? So why shouldn't we do the same for the air? Just saying, I know you cannot compare a plastic toy to a metal V8 truck. But if you just let every one run free....well you know what happens. Dont want this thread to get off topic.... but I agree its long.

Do you have any idea what the Security Bit is for? Any ideas?

Maybe this will help........
Section Two - Reviewing an Application - Transport Canada

g. Security Plan
The security plan for the area(s) of operation and security plan for the area(s) to be overflown to ensure no hazard is created to persons or property on the surface.

• What safe altitudes and distances are proposed for the operation - from members of the public, structures, vehicles, vessels etc?
  • Are spectators isolated from the UAV during take-off, recovery and during the flight operation? Fences? Barriers?
  • How will the Certificate applicant ensure that adequate separation between the spectators and the UAV is maintained during the flight operation?
  • Is it necessary to obtain permission of the property owners?
  • Is it necessary to obtain permission from the airport/aerodrome authority?
  • Will the UAV be operating in places where it will be necessary for any other people to be made aware of the proposed operation to ensure that they have no objections?
  • Will the UAV be operating in areas where the public will have to be removed from areas affected by the operation?
  • Are access routes available for emergency vehicles?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421