!!CANADA UAV AIRPORT MAPS!! MUST READ for CANADIAN MAPS!

I'm heading to above Scotia on vacation in Aug (from USA). Last year when reading the UAS laws is sounded like you couldn't fly unless you was a Canadian citizen (or completed a bunch of paperwork in advance). Do you know if things have changed?

I'm heading to above Scotia on vacation in Aug (from USA). Last year when reading the UAS laws is sounded like you couldn't fly unless you was a Canadian citizen (or completed a bunch of paperwork in advance). Do you know if things have changed?
not that i'm aware of. Unless your flying for Commercial purposes? If your flying for fun. No problem stay 9km away from any helipad/airport (aerodrome). If flying and getting paid... big problem, you have to apply for a (Special Flight Operation Certificate) SFOC. And that , is a royal Fucking pain the ass! BIG TIME!

use your wits and you'll be fine.

Never been harrassed by authroities in North America for flying

The link to the map you provided is very helpful. The area I plan to fly (Hunts Point) looks good to go.
I'm always very respectful of others when flying, so no issues there.
Thanks again!

Did you mean "Nova Scotia"? I'm here now till November. Here's a simple rule:
For Recreation:
  1. Mark Drones with contact info (name, address, phone)
  2. Fly no more than 90m (295.28 ft) high
  3. 75m (246.06 ft) away from buildings, vehicles or people
  4. 9km (5.59 miles) from center of airport, heliport, aerodrome, waterdrome
Basically stay within 250-300 ft AWAY from people, buildings, cars AND the ground. I've attached a Transport Canada guide as well. @CanadianSolo is right about a commercial flight being a major pain. I can provide that here if anyone's interested. Nova Scotia is absolutely beautiful.

Check out some drone vids bit.ly/JRnovascotia
Cheers
Rikki
Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 10.48.30 AM.png.png

Sorry bud not in Canada. Our Transport Minister is a complete A-hole. Canada is now governed by drone/UAV LAW. And carrys a fine of up to $3000!

Dont get caught! Just saying!

Flying your drone safely and legally - Transport Canada

I live on the west coast and have flown over major landmarks in Vancouver, albeit before these new interim laws (I have 2 Solos, one's been active since June 2015)

I still abide by the use your wits and gut feelings as long as the it's under 400ft AGL (i'm usually below 60m anyways), not over a crowd and outside of airport radius as well as 99.9% VLoS. Never been hassled by authorities within NA. Only questioned in Asia and South America.

BTW, new laws are up, i think fresh off the press. Much more reasonable.

Reactions: Travelfox
I live on the west coast and have flown over major landmarks in Vancouver, albeit before these new interim laws (I have 2 Solos, one's been active since June 2015)

I still abide by the use your wits and gut feelings as long as the it's under 400ft AGL (i'm usually below 60m anyways), not over a crowd and outside of airport radius as well as 99.9% VLoS. Never been hassled by authorities within NA. Only questioned in Asia and South America.

BTW, new laws are up, i think fresh off the press. Much more reasonable.
Cool - I lived in DT Vancouver before moving to Nova Scotia. Unfortunately never got to fly as I've been too busy.

Also, @andrew.baker.142 , There's an update for the rules (much more lenient) as of June 27, 2017 (see attached)

More from the Transport Canada website:
Flying your drone safely and legally - Transport Canada

HAPPY FLYING!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 9.20.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 9.20.12 PM.png
    701.3 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: andrew.baker.142

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads