Can I record with a regular hero 3

Reaction score
I know I know... I should have spend a little more money for the 3+, but my 3 shows video. I cannot press the button on the side to record and I was wondering if there was any way to fix it.

I use a GoPro 3 Black, cannot control mode or record functions in the solo app, set as GoPro Other, but do get streaming. I set mode and record with the GoPro wireless fob, and can switch modes in flight.

I use a GoPro 3 Black, cannot control mode or record functions in the solo app, set as GoPro Other, but do get streaming. I set mode and record with the GoPro wireless fob, and can switch modes in flight.
how far away does the go pro wireless get, or can i just press the button and let it record before takeoff

how far away does the go pro wireless get, or can i just press the button and let it record before takeoff

You would be better off pressing record before flight. You could use the gp remote but it is recommended to have the wifi turned off on the gp to not cause any wifi interference. I wouldn't recommend using the gp remote unless you at least have upgraded antennas, wifi cards, or both.

I have not tested the limits, I start and stop when close in. I will let you know the next time I get out, I will test.

I have a Hero 3 black also but i cannot get streaming. what do i need to do to my goPro to get this capability?

The GoPro needs to have WiFi turned off, otherwise it will interfere with the link to the controller. With the GoPro 3, you will need to start and stop recording on the camera itself, but the streaming should work.

my wifi is off on the GoPro, but the streaming still doesn't show up. Do i need to have the old firmware? or does the v 3.0 work for you?

Also, if anyone has the v 02.0 firmware for the hero 3 black i would greatly appreciate it. i think that seems to be my problem.

I use a GoPro 3 black and only the streaming works. Using firmware 3.?. Need to manually start recording

I use a GoPro 3 black and only the streaming works. Using firmware 3.?. Need to manually start recording
my GoPro says its the v03.00 when i turn it on. but i still don't have any streaming. im going to try and test the hdmi port today.

Hey Guys!! thank you very much for all your help! turns out i haven't updated my GoPro to the newest update so i can get a live feed from it! i guess the problem was a faulty connection. i took the gimbal off and literally unplugged then replugged the hdmi cord back in and i got a live feed. couldn't be happier!

I use a GoPro 3 on my soio. I cannot control it during flight. When I put the battery on the solo it turns on and the GoPro 3 starts streaming video , but not recording. With the camera is mounted in the gimble it covers the shutter or record button on the top of the GoPro, but using a small flat bladed screw driver you can press the top record button and you are recording.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela