Camera

Reaction score
I'm looking for a camera that has GPS and a built in intervalometer for time lapse or a camera that has GPS and can be triggered from Tower. It also must be light weight so I can mount it to Solo. The GPS must be able to tag each photo individually with accurate positioning.

Anyone? Other options?

Thanks,

I'm looking for a camera that has GPS and a built in intervalometer for time lapse or a camera that has GPS and can be triggered from Tower. It also must be light weight so I can mount it to Solo. The GPS must be able to tag each photo individually with accurate positioning.

Anyone? Other options?

Thanks,
You can use the GoPro if you want. Many here fly survey missions with it. Sync the time between the Phone/Tablet you will be using to the GoPro clock (GP software will do this for you). Then after you fly, download the images and Mission Planner has the ability to add the GPS coordinates to the Exif data of the images.

I've not been able to get MP to tag the Gopro photos accurately. I may be missing something.

I've not been able to get MP to tag the Gopro photos accurately. I may be missing something.
I had the same issues when first trying last summer, then found that the GP and tablet could be synced with the GP software on the tablet. Run the GP software and turn on the GP WiFi to connect to the app. Then in the setting menu tell it to set the time/date, which it will pull from the tablet.

Thanks folks. The problem is that the GoPro tags the photos to the second. There must be a rounding factor for this. The Solo records a tag four or five times per second down to the thousandth of a second. With the rounding factor on the GP and the rounding for the MP software selection process there exists an error of plus or minus two seconds. At a speed of 5m/sec my geo reference can be up to 10 meters off. I'm looking for a much greater accuracy. I have found several DSLR type cameras but they are too heavy for Solo.

Thanks,

Canon S100 seems to be a popular option here with mapping folks. It has GPS but no intervalometer/timelapse built-in but you can load it with CHDK and it will provide you with that functionality. But I'm not sure if the sensor size 1/1.7" is any good for your needs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado