Camera controls not available in Solo app

Reaction score
Website
edbeckphotography.com
I had a crash in which I had to replace my gimbal and send my GoPro Hero 4 Silver for repair, the HDMI connector wasn't connecting.

After receiving my camera back it transmits an image to my iPhone but I'm not able to control the camera via the Solo app. The camera doesn't turn on when Solo is powered up either. All of this functioned before my crash.

Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting?

I've attached screen shots of my Solo App screen.
View media item 291View media item 292

From what I understand, it sounds like the 30-pin connector went bad on the Solo assuming the GoPro is fully repaired.

The HDMI connector only returns the live feed but the 30-pin connector is what charges it and controls it. Solo is essentially a flying Bacpac for your GoPro.

From what I understand, it sounds like the 30-pin connector went bad on the Solo assuming the GoPro is fully repaired.

The gimbal is new, so I guess it would be the 30-pin on the GoPro. If that's the case I'll live with it for now and wait for the Sony camera.

Thanks.

try powering everything off, removing the gopro from the gimbal, placing it back in and powering up.

another thing you can try is to set the gopro model to other and then back to the hero4 silver.

The gimbal is new, so I guess it would be the 30-pin on the GoPro. If that's the case I'll live with it for now and wait for the Sony camera.

Thanks.
I have same issue with GoPro 4 black, tested with another borrowed GoPro which worked so issue is with the GoPro connection. Living with as not much else can be done. Not new so can't return GoPro under warranty. Reset and reloaded firmware to no avail. Such is life!!

It's funny how these little cameras are the toughest things ever that can record in extreme environments but yet is incredibly delicate..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea