Calibration error restart solo

Reaction score
I need hel wit my 3dr solo. Present calibration error restart solo.
I restart solo 3 occasion the provlem continue.
Need help resolve problem?
Please the problem continue.

Perform a new calibration, campass also. The error continues. What is accelerometer?
The error continue.

That's setting it level and on all it's sides. Make sure the Solo is not near any metal. Turn off BluTooth in your phone. If you have magnets in your watchband, remove your watch. Those are some of the things I've seen to cause compass error.

Hi the compass calibration works to perfection. The problem is in accelerator calibration does not pass the test and when it detects GPS indicates start fly give the error calibration restart alone.
And restarted on 5 occasions the problem continues.
I think it can be the IMU as read in some posts.
please help.

Reactions: andrew.baker.142
This has worked for me and others:
Turn your Solo over and smack the belly of the drone with the palm of your hand. Perform a level calibration again. Repeat if needed.
This frees a stuck accelerometer.

Turn your Solo over and smack the belly of the drone with the palm of your hand. Perform a level calibration again. Repeat if needed.
Is that what I heard someone call, elsewhere on this forum, percussive maintenance?

Ok thanks I'll try today if it works I'll let you know thanks.

I was having the same problem with my old solo -- had it about a 2 years and have flown it flawlessely many times - some crashes and busted props, but always came back to life. I got into making racing drones a while back, got a Mavic and have let the solo sit for a while. Today I took it out and got the calibration problem like many others have had. Kinda laughed when I saw the post about smacking it on the belly, but what the heck tried it anyway. Turned it over , gave it about 3 waps and did the level calibration.
Guess what ? IT WORKED -- Did it in the house under not the best conditions. It gave me the go ahead -- no gps -- did the fly manual with no props.
Thanks for the great tip.
Bill

Reactions: DanielF
I was having the same problem with my old solo -- had it about a 2 years and have flown it flawlessely many times - some crashes and busted props, but always came back to life. I got into making racing drones a while back, got a Mavic and have let the solo sit for a while. Today I took it out and got the calibration problem like many others have had. Kinda laughed when I saw the post about smacking it on the belly, but what the heck tried it anyway. Turned it over , gave it about 3 waps and did the level calibration.
Guess what ? IT WORKED -- Did it in the house under not the best conditions. It gave me the go ahead -- no gps -- did the fly manual with no props.
Thanks for the great tip.
Bill

The fix is likely only temporary. The accelerometer was likely poorly made. This is a sign that cube should be replaced. There are redundant sensors, so if it fails in flight you should be OK, but the problem arming will likely occur again. I'm glad it got you going for now, but be prepared to replace the cube at some point.

When I got the calibration error whacking the belly didn't help; I went straight to the Green Cube

Reactions: jimloss
Thank you for this I had a hard landing a while back and was ready to give up on my solo then I remembered laughing at this post and tried it once 3dr replied back confirming that accelerometer was presenting an error, I did this in doors and I worked fine in flu manual with no props so thanks!

I realize this post is almost identical to the one above but that's how it happened haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela