Calibration error please restart solo

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am new to the 3dr world and only have had my solo for about 2 weeks. I have flown it about ten times with no problems. (No crashes) tonight I went to fly my solo and I kept getting the calibration error: please restart solo. I have restarted to solo and controller over 20 times with no success. I have also done a factory reset with no success. I have also tried to do a level calibration and it errors out on the upside down calibration every time. What should I do? Anyone know how to fix it!?

Do a parameter reset or a pixhawk reset. Or one followed by the other. Whee!

Thank you for replying! I have no idea how to do
Thank you for replying! I have no idea how to do either of these resets. Sorry I am very new to this world. Do you know where I can find instructions on how to do these resets?

Sounds like a stuck accelerometer. Bumping Solo firmly on its belly with the palm of your hand will usually free it.

Connecting to the Solo with Mission Planner can confirm the actual error.

I bought a bad drone for spare parts, it paired after resetting to factory, but unable to do north and level calibrations(unable to complete calibration and errors after the upside-down thing, just like your case); and after smacking it, I was able to do the north magnetic calibration; however, I was still unable to do the level calibration. Then I, took a chance and purchased a pixhawk cube off of eBay for $20, replaced it, and was able to complete the level calibration. It paired up to the remote and iPad air, even with the new cube(without going through the resetting stuff), but I have yet to take it outside due to no GPS signal inside. I think this fixed worked for me, though, I have yet to fly this particular drone.

I am also not sure if I lost any information(update info?) from the old cube with the sd card inside of the pixhawk. If anyone can add to this, I'd appreciate it.

I am also not sure if I lost any information(update info?) from the old cube with the sd card inside of the pixhawk. If anyone can add to this, I'd appreciate it.

Just a quick update, After the successful calibration through the app with the new Pixhawk, I push "FLY" and after the green bar went to full, no motor start, nothing happened(the motors should have started). Even tried manual mode.

I had to reupdate, pair, then app connect, preflight update, restart. Then the motors spooled up on Manual mode, operation seems normal. So I guess that what happens when you swap out Pixhawk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela