BRICK WALL ?!?!

Reaction score
I have a samsung S20 + Ultra, I bought the solex app ( 29.99) a controller, with protector STILL on it, that I factory reset (bad idea) thats stuck on "prefight update" ( see pic ). I cant update it. Solex has "advanced Mode" enabled. as Ive read Im trying to update my controller thru my solex app. I just cant get to the next step to update. Its not an option in the solex menu. My drone is not connected, just the controller. I have new boards I wanna install, antennas I have big plans for my drone. Just cant get out of the gate... oh and as everyone knows The 3DR app doesnt work at all. Thank you 3DR - #yousuckbutilikeyourdrone.

QUESTION - What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200616-133630_Solex.jpg
    Screenshot_20200616-133630_Solex.jpg
    749.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200616_133421.jpg
    20200616_133421.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 16
Welcome to the forum. The issues that you are having are not new. They have been known and are discussed in this forum literally dozens if not hundreds of times. Using the search function in this forum will get you the quickest solutions.

It also seems that we have had a good number of new Solo owners join this forum the past few months - many experiencing the same problems.

Some advice for all new Solo owners in this forum:
1) Do Not complain about 3DR - the only owners entitled to complain about 3DR are those that purchased their Solo early on for $1-2K. The rest of us should have known what we were getting into before we made the purchase.
2) Use the search function in this forum to find solutions before doing anything
3) NEVER perform factory resets without first identifying what might be wrong and/or consulting members of this group

Now, for your problems, which are covered in detail in this forum already:
1) There are two solutions to the "preflight update" message:
i) Run the original 3DR Solo app on an iPhone or Android device to perform the update
ii) Upgrade to OpenSolo
2) The 3DR apps have not been supported for many years and do not run on current Android or iPhone devices. To perform the "preflight" update, you must have/purchase/borrow an older device to run the original 3DR app. To upgrade to OpenSolo, it easiest to use Solex for Android devices or Sidepilot for iPhone devices. Neither Solex or Sidepilot have access to the 3DR servers to complete the "preflight update".

Welcome to the forum. The issues that you are having are not new. They have been known and are discussed in this forum literally dozens if not hundreds of times. Using the search function in this forum will get you the quickest solutions.

It also seems that we have had a good number of new Solo owners join this forum the past few months - many experiencing the same problems.

Some advice for all new Solo owners in this forum:
1) Do Not complain about 3DR - the only owners entitled to complain about 3DR are those that purchased their Solo early on for $1-2K. The rest of us should have known what we were getting into before we made the purchase.
2) Use the search function in this forum to find solutions before doing anything
3) NEVER perform factory resets without first identifying what might be wrong and/or consulting members of this group

Now, for your problems, which are covered in detail in this forum already:
1) There are two solutions to the "preflight update" message:
i) Run the original 3DR Solo app on an iPhone or Android device to perform the update
ii) Upgrade to OpenSolo
2) The 3DR apps have not been supported for many years and do not run on current Android or iPhone devices. To perform the "preflight" update, you must have/purchase/borrow an older device to run the original 3DR app. To upgrade to OpenSolo, it easiest to use Solex for Android devices or Sidepilot for iPhone devices. Neither Solex or Sidepilot have access to the 3DR servers to complete the "preflight update".

thank you for the advise. I agree 100% on who can complain. I really screwed up 3. Ran factory reset. NEVER again now that I know. Hard lessons to learn.

Ill get an older phone and get that message cleared. Ive been reading several posts on the opensolo and I think I can get there now that I know my phone is not the best for this stage.

again thank you !

Reactions: jimloss
And yet we still don't complain....best quad built in 2015. A solid flyer even in 2020...;)
I hope to get mine flying soon. I bought several upgrades for it, GPS card and wifi card and new antenna. so Im chomping at the bit to get it up and running then doing each upgrade one at a time. suppose to increase range and imrpove some other things. Im not all sure but Im gonna do it. Id like to 3D print a new body/frame. all wish list items of course.

Ok folks. Took till midnight 4 cell phones and 3 ipads but I got the controller updated. I used a Samsung s7 edge with a cracked screen. Its on this weekend. Gotta learn how to fly all over again. Solex connected to my solo no issues there. Crisis is over

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc