Be prepared - It's coming and Its going to be hard to stop!

Reaction score
I havn't been flying to long, and love to fly my Solo. Rule now by FAA is that a drone over 1/2 lb. must be liicenesed .and it only cost 5 bucks.
But because of pilots that don't follow rules, the future holds this:
Flyers will have to take traning and pass test to get a drivers lic.
Must be 16 or older to fly.
Must renew lic at scheduled times.
Must have lic. with u at all times.
Drones will have to be inspected every year.
disobey rules and be fined, have drone confiscated, and/ or go to jail.

Does this sound familiar?

Bill Chrisman

Reactions: dmyhill
Please cite where the info can be found.
Tim: There is no info to be found. This is just my speculating. you know, like looking into the future. I got my car drivers lic back in 1957 at the age of 15. Back in 1957 and no drivers ed was required. Times have changed.
Bill

IMO, a lot of what you see in the future would be impossible to enforce. When the FAA started requiring drone registration, do we think all owners complied? I don't think so. I feel it would be way too labor intensive and costly for the FAA to do what you described. Like I said, this is just my $.02.

Reactions: speatuk
Tim: There is no info to be found. This is just my speculating. you know, like looking into the future. I got my car drivers lic back in 1957 at the age of 15. Back in 1957 and no drivers ed was required. Times have changed.
Bill
No worries Bill,, I read it wrong. As far as predicting such-things , it'd be my opinion that some sort of identifying beacon be emitted from the craft and that such beacons be required. Anonamous aircraft won't be tolerated. Accountability for legal reasons will drive govt to require this.

Just wait until some numb nut flames out an engine on a Lear 35 and watch how fast the FAA shuts people down!
It's estimated that by 2021 private drones will reach 3.6 million, was almost a half million flying commercially. This isn't going to be like the FCC looking the other way over a CBer with an illegal amplifier, FAA takes anything in the air VERY seriously.
No, they aren't going to be throwing the cuffs on Little Billy for flying his toys R us drone in his backyard. But with more and more people flying larger pro-sumer drones at 400 + AGL and in populated areas, it's just a matter of time before we see a bad accident with serious property damage (or worse) that's going to cause the hammer to fall HARD.
Fly safe

Just wait until some numb nut flames out an engine on a Lear 35 and watch how fast the FAA shuts people down!
It's estimated that by 2021 private drones will reach 3.6 million, was almost a half million flying commercially. This isn't going to be like the FCC looking the other way over a CBer with an illegal amplifier, FAA takes anything in the air VERY seriously.
No, they aren't going to be throwing the cuffs on Little Billy for flying his toys R us drone in his backyard. But with more and more people flying larger pro-sumer drones at 400 + AGL and in populated areas, it's just a matter of time before we see a bad accident with serious property there damage (or worse) that's going to cause the hammer to fall HARD.
Fly safe
Yes, there will be an incident. There have been incidents. I do not agree that there would be some kind of major backlash that would change the FAA rules for UAVs though.
I do feel that there is going to be increased accountability. I wouldn't at all be surprised if all UAVs above say, 100' AGL be required to have some sort of transponder and/or unique radio beacon identifier. The ability to identify a UAVs with an accountable pilot will dramatically change the wild west airspace you imply.
Your "freak out" prediction is not based on any precedent that I'm aware of thus far.

as a pilot who flys small planes I have to stay 500ft min over any person or vessel over open water and 1000ft over any populated are so if we all fly 400 ft or lower no problem. You are nowhere near a plane unless you are with in a 5 mile radius of any air port for the landing pattern and are maps show us that. So with that being said why would you want to fly over 400 ft AGL I think that's plenty high enough

Reactions: Solo Keith
as a pilot who flys small planes I have to stay 500ft min over any person or vessel over open water and 1000ft over any populated are so if we all fly 400 ft or lower no problem. You are nowhere near a plane unless you are with in a 5 mile radius of any air port for the landing pattern and are maps show us that. So with that being said why would you want to fly over 400 ft AGL I think that's plenty high enough

There are reasons but I agree it's not necessary.

Attachments

• GPExportPhoto.jpg
    GPExportPhoto.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
I get what you all are saying though. I'm surprised some terrorist hasn't loaded a half pound of C4 on a drone and flown it into Air Force One while it's taking off from a mile away.

I get what you all are saying though. I'm surprised some terrorist hasn't loaded a half pound of C4 on a drone and flown it into Air Force One while it's taking off from a mile away.
they have in Syria
they are dropping hand grenades

I agree with the OP that things are likely to get tighter. There are just too many idiots out there to leave it an anonymous wild west. IMO a transponder or something that uniquely identifies drones and can bet tracked back to an owner might curb some of the more asinine abuses (like flying around busy airports). Eventually a drone is going to cause an event (hopefully not a fatal one) and the FAA is going to go postal.

I agree with the OP that things are likely to get tighter. There are just too many idiots out there to leave it an anonymous wild west. IMO a transponder or something that uniquely identifies drones and can bet tracked back to an owner might curb some of the more asinine abuses (like flying around busy airports). Eventually a drone is going to cause an event (hopefully not a fatal one) and the FAA is going to go postal.
Well probably have to register them at purchase.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela