Battery reserve...

Reaction score
With the talk of life/rescue jacket for water landings. And the fact the bird will land on its own once the end-flight capacity is met. Thinking out loud here.......

What would be interesting is to have a reserve battery, the o'crap, I'm glad I had a minute's worth of flight/control left. Added weight being a factor to flight time, it would offset any gain provided by an aux. battery. If we look at it as a false bottom however, the main battery and its telemetry feedback would indicate <1% to the user. The aux battery could provide a secondary bottom to allow the user "...to a clear landing".

This is not specific to the location of the landing, could be water, roof or trees being avoided. A "controlled" landing. Remember >99% of the users aren't even the least interested in Drone-103. They need a false bottom, a reserve tank if you will, to control their bird down to another flight.

The idea isn't complicated by design, just an added battery and some hardware for those o'crap moments. The Solo's aux bay could serve for the location, basically plug-n-play for the user. And yes you can have the obligatory LED indicating something...

If it could be made/sold for under $50 and with 3DR type of warranty, I'd buy one.

As far out as this idea is, this is why I choose the Solo. I have the ability to adapt "something" to the bird and can reasonable expect it to actually work. Rethinking what a drone can do....

i fly my solo until the 25 percent buzzer kicks in than i bring it into land

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela