battery calibration??

Reaction score
how do u guys get your batt to 12volts, the control and app still say 13 something and even a multimeter and its low enough to where the lights blinks and turns off, im wanting to do a battery calibration, also running the sidepilot app, don’t have any androids

Reaction score
If you've gotten to the point that the battery is shutting down, then you can start the charging calibration. Sounds like you have a crapping battery, but try a calibration charge.

I'm not sure of the correct term, but the battery has a "hysteresis" when draining under a load. Once the load is removed and/or that the battery cools, the voltage will rise a certain percentage...maybe a single volt, just depends.

As to how to drain, several threads here prescribe various methods, just depends on what is easiest for you. I use a series of 12vdc auto lamps, about 160W worth, to drain the batteries down to 50% for storage. I guess the same tool could be used for re-calibration discharging.

When discharging, the individual cells should be monitored rather than an overall voltage. 12v divided by 4 cells is 3vdc per a cell. If you have a "deader" cell you could easily damage it further by taking it below 3vdc. 3.1 + 3.1 + 3.1 + 2.7 = 12

I think Solex has the best method, at least from what I've read. If you don't have Solex, then you have other options...search is your friend.

Reactions: bassmission
Reaction score
thank u Rich, no the battery seemed to be working fine i just read that you should do that to the batts everynow and then to hopefully make them last longer, i wish i had a way of checking each individual cell, i get what u mean about the load, make perfect sense, i let the battery rest for a little over 5 hrs now i hooked it up to the charger, i’ll leave it for 48 hrs, hopefully its just something to make them last longer,

thank u for ur response, this forum has been really helpful

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassanamit5