Battery Calibration Part 2-

Michael, would you have any use for a cracked open battery that otherwise is working? Extract the BMS for testing/usage?

I don't want to just toss it, but I'm not up to making use of it either.

Michael, would you have any use for a cracked open battery that otherwise is working? Extract the BMS for testing/usage?

I don't want to just toss it, but I'm not up to making use of it either.
Greetings Saijin. Thank you for the offer of the battery. I have no need for it however there is a mod that incorporates the retrieved BMS with a 5200mAh 35C 4S after market pack. The BMS will be an asset to any that are performing the attery alternative. Hopefully there will be interest by someone following this thread.

It might be advantageous to list it as available in the classified section or better yet in the 3DR Mod Group where I'm certain it will be appreciated.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Part 1 (Solo Battery Calibration Part 1.pdf) was well received (916 Views) but did not save the subject battery.

Part 2 (Solo Battery Calibration Part 2.pdf) has a much better outcome and 712 views in less than 24 hours.

I bought the $19.99 battery right at the end of July and just flew it today. Started with full charge according to the LEDs and landed with 25% give or take. Then attached the SoloTool Analyzer. Some scary data. Two of the cells way out of line with the two that matched each other and a recorded low voltage on one of the cells in the 2.5 volt range. Like I said, scary stuff. Lucky I made it home. I just charged the battery. One of the cells is 0.3 volt lower than the others and capacity is shown as 3658mAh. Definitely will do a calibration. Just missed the B&H return window.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela