Baringa Farm Stay - Reidsdale, New South Wales, Australia

Reaction score
Here's a promo video of a friend's property that I filmed last month. It's called 'Baringa Farm Stay' and it's located in Reidsdale, New South Wales, Australia. I think the video captures the tranquil beauty of the property with Monga National park right on its doorstep! It's popular location with horse riders as there are plenty of magnificent trails open to explore. Enjoy!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That is fabulous- The clarity is eye-popping!
What camera settings did you use? What kind of post work, if any?

Reactions: 13nikos62
That is fabulous- The clarity is eye-popping!
What camera settings did you use? What kind of post work, if any?

Hi Maddog

I use a GPHB4 with a 3.8mm 3rd party lens and a ND8 filter to slow down the shutter speed.

Camera settings - Resolution: 4k, 25fps, Auto Exposure, FOV: Wide, Spot Meter: Off, Color: Gopro (Protune), White Balance: Auto, Sharpness: Low, ISO Limit: 400, EV Comp: -0.5.

For the edit I dropped the 4k footage onto a 1080p timeline in Final Cut Pro X. This allowed for certain scenes to be digitally zoomed or magnified and cropped and/or reframed for composition, with little or no loss of resolution. I used a LUT for gopro and tweeked its settings ie. primarily increased color saturation. I varied exposure settings using masks in somer scenes, increased overall sharpness and color corrected other scenes. Some scenes where sped up while others where slowed down.

Cheers
Nikos

Last edited:
Reactions: Maddog
Hi Maddog

I use a GPHB4 with a 3.8mm 3rd party lens.

Camera settings - Resolution: 4k, 30fps, Autoexposure, FOV: Wide, Spot Meter: Off, Color: Gopro, White Balance: Auto, Sharpness: Low, ISO Limit: 400, EV Comp: -0.5.

Final Cut Pro X was used for the edit. In post I used a LUT for gopro and tweeked its settings ie. primarily increased color saturation. I varied exposure settings using masks in somer scenes, increased overall sharpness and color corrected other scenes. Some scenes where sped up while others where slowed down.

Cheers
Nikos
U da man!! Where did you learn to edit?
Do you think one could achieve what you did with the standard lens?
Could you point us less-learned folks to that LUT?
Are you tired of my questions?:p

U da man!! Where did you learn to edit?
Do you think one could achieve what you did with the standard lens?
Could you point us less-learned folks to that LUT?
Are you tired of my questions?:p

I've been editing over 16 years. It's purely a hobby and by no means am I an expert. Self taught over that time through youtube tutorials mainly.

You could possibly achieve a similar result wide the standard lens set to medium and then remove the fish-eye in post.

I'll never get tired of your questions, Maddog.

Link for free LUT for Go Pro: FREE GoPro Protune to Rec.709 LUT

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl