bad gimbal footage need help

Reaction score
is this my flying or weather conditions or the way i have my solo set up? filter with 2 nickels (left and backside) and dime rightside). winds around 10mph gusts. flying controls and gimbal tuned to medium. flown with gps. first 2 clips in orbit. any advice much appreciated.

recorded at 2.7k 30fps scaled to 1080p
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

is this my flying or weather conditions or the way i have my solo set up? filter with 2 nickels (left and backside) and dime rightside). winds around 10mph gusts. flying controls and gimbal tuned to medium. flown with gps. first 2 clips in orbit. any advice much appreciated.

recorded at 2.7k 30fps scaled to 1080p
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Seems like micro vibrations...??
Have you ballance your Props..?

Cheers

Try the same flight again with GoPro set to 1080/60fps/medium.
For some reason 30fps isn't always that smooth with GoPro/Solo.

Balance props like Del said.

Check HDMI cable for proper gimbal clearance.

You might get some of the pointy foam ear plugs- roll them up tight like you would to put them in your ears. Stick one in each of the four black vibration balls in the gimbal. Push in part-way and cut off the portion that sticks out below. This removed all of my micro-vibrations so well I rarely need to stabilize in post.
image.jpg

Reactions: Chuck and Andre
Try the same flight again with GoPro set to 1080/60fps/medium.
For some reason 30fps isn't always that smooth with GoPro/Solo.

Balance props like Del said.

Check HDMI cable for proper gimbal clearance.

You might get some of the pointy foam ear plugs- roll them up tight like you would to put them in your ears. Stick one in each of the four black vibration balls in the gimbal. Push in part-way and cut off the portion that sticks out below. This removed all of my micro-vibrations so well I rarely need to stabilize in post.
View attachment 2006
thanks alot i'll try that out. i had the props balanced btw

Reactions: Maddog
Are you using the standard HDMI cable, cause it looks to me like its rubbing on the gimbal from the inside. Like the gimbal is not fully isolated.

Are you using the standard HDMI cable, cause it looks to me like its rubbing on the gimbal from the inside. Like the gimbal is not fully isolated.
Who, me? I hot-glued the front of mine to the front of Solo and it works great.

Reactions: dukes
are the earplugs really that effective?
I could see a difference but it might not work for everybody. They are cheap and it's easy to to do. If it doesn't work, you didn't spend much time or money.
I read about this some time ago but had forgotten about it.

Alright my to do list:
1. ear plug the gimbal
2. Zip tie/hot glue hdmi cable
3. Film at 1080/60/medium
Thanks I'll get back and post the same video with the results from the flight

Alright my to do list:
1. ear plug the gimbal
2. Zip tie/hot glue hdmi cable
3. Film at 1080/60/medium
Thanks I'll get back and post the same video with the results from the flight

I finally got around to doing #1 and #2 and the difference is awesome. It was the vibration fix I've been looking for pretty much since I got my gimbal last July. I'm not sure which one helped more since I did both at once, but no more shaky gimbal footage!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela