B&H Photo is so Unpredictable

Reaction score
B&H Photo currently has the 3DRSolo with the 3 axis gimbal for $599- if I’m not mistaken, I believe this is the package that also includes the backpack.

Their pricing seems to flux quite a bit. So does their stock. That's why I kept checking back to see when they had the backpack and they've shipped me out one since they "ran out of stock" when I got my Black Friday deal. They are awesome with customer service, for sure! Still waiting to see the gimbals come back though....

Well they don’t stay around a long time; I wouldn’t suggest holding your breathe on waiting for gimbals- I’m thinking MAYBE a very limited supply to cover any B&H warranty issues that may arise.

Hey Brian-
Bought 4- that was what B&H had left- customer service rep said that was what their supplier had remaining and he didn’t believe they would be getting anymore- I asked about just the 3 axis gimbal and he said they haven’t had just the gimbal in months and that this Solo is pre-packaged with Solo and gimbal attached inside the backpack-

Hey Brian-
Bought 4- that was what B&H had left- customer service rep said that was what their supplier had remaining and he didn’t believe they would be getting anymore- I asked about just the 3 axis gimbal and he said they haven’t had just the gimbal in months and that this Solo is pre-packaged with Solo and gimbal attached inside the backpack-
Wow all 4? You'll have quite a backup supply now.

As far as the gimbal issue...I think this will be the reason alot of people (myself included) will eventually abandon Solo and move on. I know there's talk about a couple people DIYing a gimbal with the storm32 but it doesn't seem to be getting any traction.

Four was what B&H had left when I called- pretty sure they probably started off with more-
Every time I buy a few, friends come over and talk me out of whatever I’ve bought. I donated two of the last Solos I purchased to the school as prizes for the two students who raised the most money for St Jude’s. Well worth the investment and really lit a fire under the kids rear ends to make a valiant effort to help out those who really need the support. Actually becomes a win-win, because those two kids are going to get some serious father/son and father/daughter time! These two Solos didn’t have the 3 axis gimbals but the kids didn’t care.

That's pretty awesome that the kids were able to raise money for a good cause. I hope the winners enjoy their Solo!

So far they look pretty impressed. It’s a cool prize for a little sweat equity.

Reactions: Rex Barlow
B&H Photo currently has the 3DRSolo with the 3 axis gimbal for $599- if I’m not mistaken, I believe this is the package that also includes the backpack.

I saw that deal, but I'm set (no gimbal though). Noticed on their website that to buy the controller only previously priced at $49.95 is now $499.95... SMH :eek::eek:

I've not flown any other quadcopters except Solo (except the small $50 ones from Target)...so I really can't compare Solo to how the DJI and others quads fly/handle. But I love how the Solo flies and handles.

Solo is a great quad its was promise to fly circles over any other quad but unfortunately the dji stole that market there no quad right now that can compete with the performance of the Mavic with a fly time of almost 25plus minutes and a 3 plus mile fly range a superior areial camera is hard for solo to compete don't get me wrong I love the solo it's my first bird but until some other manufacturer can come up with a better battery life and affordable 4K camera and gimbal to win back it's title as the superior drone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40