AveGant Glyph on sale

Reaction score
Greatly reduced price on eBay, got mine for 173.00 shipped. Got them about one hour ago so haven't tested yet. will post experience with Nvidia K1.

Have tested in indoors and it appears to work well. I am farsighted, +2.5 in reading glasses with fovial scaring in left eye, but I could dial in the adjustments for a clear, unpixelated picture. Haven't needed the over head strap so I'd say they fit well and are comfortable. Will test out doors as soon as the sun comes up - if not raining (in the last seven weeks we've had five of six days of sunshine). Prior to this I've been using a Quanum 2 goggle (Hobbyking but now only found on eBay) with a 5.2" cell phone for screen, and that worked so well I removed the tablet mount from the Solo controller. Actually the apparent screen size between the two is about the same, the Quamums are lighter and more comfortable, the Avegants have a brighter screen that shows somewhat better detail. Can look over or under the display bar (Geordi La Forge bar for you Star Trek fans) so you can visually track your drone.

OK, I tested the Avegnat Glyph out doors. Pros: picture as clear or clearer than the Nvidia Shield screen, i can look under the "bar" to see the tablet to alter settings without changing the drone view, can look over the bar to see the drone, audio is great. Cons: slightly uncomfortable, takes a lot of time to get the picture dialed in, ear cuffs keep you sonically isolated. If you have good eyes, which I do not, your experience may be better then mine. The real value of these is that the sun will never be a problem and you can still view your environment. Haven't decided, I may sell these.

Interesting, thanks for replying. I have been reading up on these recently and like the design. I'm 56 and now have problems focusing on anything closer than about 6 inches, wondered if they could be adjusted to suit me? So when you eventually get the picture dialled in is it worth all the effort?

Interesting, thanks for replying. I have been reading up on these recently and like the design. I'm 56 and now have problems focusing on anything closer than about 6 inches, wondered if they could be adjusted to suit me? So when you eventually get the picture dialled in is it worth all the effort?
And price! :)

OK, after much use I love the Glyphs and use these exclusively for FPV, they are simply great. When dialing these in I suggest removing the nose piece altogether and finding the best position for viewing. Once found then select the best nose piece to reproduce that position. The problem is in addition to inter-pupillary distance and focus adjustments there are four nose pieces each of which is adjustable over a short range - so there are dozen possibilities. Bottom line: if you've got an Nvidia Shield or other with HDMI out tablet and you can find a good price the Avegant Glyphs are definitely worth it IMO (even if they have a funny sound name).
Oh yes, I wear 2.5 diopter reading glasses and these adjust to my eyes with/without glasses.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc