Autopilot Firmware Upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.5.3

I agree most likely a coincidence. The Gopro was on during the updates and sending video to my ipad during the update though

yeah, that's probably the case. I dropped my hex from about 150 feet straight down and the GP survived but it toasted my SD card. This was about 18 months ago though in an old GP 3

I want to thank the OP and to those who contributed info and detailed analysis of the github repository for the Autopilot updated code.
I had no idea this was out there for the taking and I immediately installed x.2 on my testbed Solo. Took all of about 5 minutes start to finish. I use BitVise, but thats just a preference over the very good Winscp.

Now if someone can get ahold of the other hardware code updates, wahoo right?

Reactions: carpy
Rethinking all this gps glitch, failsafe and ekf bugfixes - how is GPS fix working for you? I hope they really ironed out all this kinks when solo loses and not regains fix with 20 sats in view.
Unfortunately for me, looks like they extended rains forecast for whole week ahead :(

I have my RTL speed parameter set rather high. I forget the value, but it amounts to about 28mph. The way I see it, if that failsafe has engaged, I want it home immeidately. There is no reason to dilly dally, and the amount of power required to go that fast is negligibly more. I also lowered the RTL hover time from 5 seconds to 1 second. And increased the climb/descent rates.

How do you connect to the solo to read/save/alter parameters with mission planner?

I'm a bit lost with it.

thanks
:confused:

With it set for UDP, you leave the port for whatever the default is. Nothing needs to be changed.

Reactions: speatuk
Got it sorted.
I didn't do the udp bit and I also rebooted MP
Then boooom..!
We're in.

I had to go through tower fir the battery one.
Couldn't find it in MP. :confused:

Thank again guys.

Your all amazing

I will have a play at the weekend then report my findings

Seeya laterz

-Steve

Has nothing to do with the internet as far as Solo and the update are concerned. You are just downloading the file to your computer, establishing a link to Solo afterward and transferring the file. Solo and controller are bat powered so no issue there. The file either transfers completely or it doesn't. No harm, no foul and the transfer only takes a few seconds.

Thanks mate but let me phrase my concern another way. What if the file is corrupt and partially installs? In other words, i guess, if the shit hits the fan while the file is installing, does a factory reset bring her back to square one?
I just don't like updating with no point of restore.

Cheers

Since the old firmware file appears to stay in the loaded directory, I'm going to guess if it can't load that firmware it will likely revert to the last known good firmware. That is an assumption however.

Thanks mate but let me phrase my concern another way. What if the file is corrupt and partially installs? In other words, i guess, if the shit hits the fan while the file is installing, does a factory reset bring her back to square one?
I just don't like updating with no point of restore.

Cheers
And the sun may not come up tomorrow.. You are really stretching for a reason not to do it. But, yes, a factory reset should work fine..

Awesome. I'll be grabbing that later tonight for use this weekend!
@carpy, perhaps you should edit the first post with just the link to the github page, rather than to the specific version?

1.5.3! Cool. I was going to update this weekend to the other version. Now I don't have to do it again.

1.5.3! Cool. I was going to update this weekend to the other version. Now I don't have to do it again.

Sounds good. Nothing wrong with waiting until P2P/Jubalr/tjones/Xor grabs it and tests too.

Not just you, but I want to remind others that we should always proceed with caution and certainly put the firmware on your "test" Solo first. If you don't have a test system, wait for others to test for you. :)

well,
just tested my solo with 1.5.2.

Notice when you now fly in loiter really fast, solo holds it altitude.
before the update i noticed it tended to slowly drop out of the sky.

the rth is smoother and lands within 300mm of the take off point, I'm sure this is gps based, but i also noticed it does take an extra second to stop.

i also did the hover for a second instead of 5 same as peddles, that is better in my opinion.
i also increased the rth speed to 28mph, yet again same as peddles, thoroughly impressed.

so in my opinion, well worth the upgrade.

yes, go for it if you haven't done it yet, (this was to 1.5.2 i haven't updated to 1.5.3 yet, not to put it onto anyone else, but I'm happy with this version i will wait for the write ups before i go to 1.5.3) i wanted to see if there was any noticeable difference before i went to 1.5.3. its a different bird in my eyes with 1.5.2.

Yet again, these are my experiences, and i say its a massive improvement.

i burned through 2 batteries, (18 minutes and 22 minutes respectively)
When the rth activated the bird was on 17% and when landed it had 14% battery left.

so thats my two pennies worth.

well chuffed

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40