Autopilot Firmware Upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.5.3

I seem to be doing something wrong. Using Winscp. App still says I'm using 1.3.1 as does mission planner. I hit the download button and a screen of bars start filling in green then vanish. I'm following the directions in the first post here exactly except I did not find a Copy/transfer option. Only download.

Are you downloading to the /firmware folder?

You need to UPLOAD the firmware file from your PC to the \firmware folder on the Solo. DOWNLOAD takes files from the solo to your computer.

You're not putting it in the firmware folder. Above the properties button is a little backslash [\] button. Click that, which will take you to root. In there, you will see a firmware directory. That is where you need to put it.

advanced_logs_winscp_root_directory.png

You're not putting it in the firmware folder. Above the properties button is a little backslash [\] button. Click that, which will take you to root. In there, you will see a firmware directory. That is where you need to put it.

advanced_logs_winscp_root_directory.png
O.K. i'll give that a try shortly. I also your root is 10.1.1.1 instead of 10.1.1.10.

That's just a screenshot from the internet to illustrate the button. You need to use 10.1.1.10 to reach the solo. 10.1.1.1 will connect you to the controller, which you don't want to do.

That's just a screenshot from the internet to illustrate the button. You need to use 10.1.1.10 to reach the solo. 10.1.1.1 will connect you to the controller, which you don't want to do.
This is where I'm at now. Taking an hour break from this and will continue later. Still making some mistake. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot (42).png
    Screenshot (42).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
See below: Once you've finished that, power cycle the solo. When you hear the musical tones, then 2 beeps, the update is completed. Note: watch the leds on the Solo after the power cycle...you'll notice it will pulse (party mode). After that you should hear the music then the two beeps.

2017-02-02_111428.jpg

Reactions: carpy
I found it humorous that someone decided that the first three tones from "when you wish upon a star", ie the tones from Close Encounters of the Third Kind would be the tones that Solo uses.
:)

Reactions: carpy
I've never had problems before with my Gopro SD card. But possibly putting the files in the wrong place caused me a SD ERROR on my HERO4B. I've Deleted the files that were put in the wrong place and reformatted the card and all seems fine now. I'll fly a test tomorrow very carefully.

I've never had problems before with my Gopro SD card. But possibly putting the files in the wrong place caused me a SD ERROR on my HERO4B. I've Deleted the files that were put in the wrong place and reformatted the card and all seems fine now. I'll fly a test tomorrow very carefully.

Hmm...maybe just a coincidence? Where the heck did that file go? :)

GoPro SD files have nothing to do with the files either on the controller or Solo. That's a coincidence.

Reactions: SARDG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela