Autopilot Firmware Upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.5.3

I'm having some issues landing in FLY mode.
I don't think it's firmware related.
Most likely user error. I'll share more details on that when I have 'em

Planning to update my Solo from 1.3.1 to 1.5.3 firmware. Just wondering from those who are currently running the 1.5.3 (sitescan) firmware version on their Solo, if there are any issues or other concerns before doing this upgrade. I have seen previous posts in this thread, where there were concerns with 1.5.3 vs 1.5.2 related to the Solo ESC's ... is the 1.5.3 upgrade considered safe at this time? thanks!

I did the update to 1.5.3 last night. It was a breeze. I definitely notice smoother footage. Here is my test flight.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Does this update still need to be installed this way or does the latest Solex allow install? Anyone know?

Does this update still need to be installed this way or does the latest Solex allow install? Anyone know?
The update can only be done through Winscp and Mission Planner. Refer to the instructions at the beginning of the thread.

OKay i have followed the steps but my solo still seems to be running the old software....
Unless "Reboot" is something more than just turning it off and on again?

OKay i have followed the steps but my solo still seems to be running the old software....
Unless "Reboot" is something more than just turning it off and on again?
Only because you said "seems to be" what does it say for versions in Solo or Solex?

Finally got around to this. Everything you need is in posts 1 and 2. Read them fully. The whole process takes about 12 minutes if you include the level calibration (12:30 if you take the props off to calibrate.)

just answered my own questions and got it to work!
had the file in the wrong section now is installed , sorry for the much around guys !!
and thanks

just answered my own questions and got it to work!
had the file in the wrong section now is installed , sorry for the much around guys !!
and thanks
You should clarify for people who come later so they put it in 'firmware' (as it say in carpys succinct post #1) not in 'firmware/loaded'

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela