Attaching a video transmitter (vtx) and using a video receiver for FPV?

Reaction score
Still doing lots of research (hard shopping). The stuff is complex! Any input on the subject would be appreciated. I am looking for a flight simulation FPV drone. Besides being dirt cheap, the Solo has long flight time compared to racing drones. So why not connect a camera with video transmitter to it? Comments and references would be appreciated.

I want the best possible flight simulation FPV video while spending little as possible (of course). Lots of FPV is choppy. There is an $800 racing drone (FPV goggles/glasses extra) that has good-looking FPV video. If that quality can be duplicated on the Solo, relatively inexpensively, that would be great.

One thing about doing it that way is the stuff is reusable. It is sort of clean, too. Since the Solo will not receive a video signal, it will not be using the video transmitter circuitry (I assume). Obviously the Solo can easily handle the weight of the camera and transmitter. My Solo weighs 3.3 pounds including the unused/empty fixed camera mount.

Current technology is not all that great. There are more sensors that help the drones hover better, but the upgraded GPS will do, and one is not hovering when one is flying.

One downside to that idea is the lack of a system display. But at least the Solo controller vibrates when the battery is low, so that should be obvious enough.

Thanks.

I posted some pics of my setup in your other thread? What info do you really need to do this? there are tons of fpv setups all you need is to power them either via the solo battery or an external battery and either wear a pair of goggles or look at a monitor, real simple...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000