Are the master airscrew props worse outside?

Reaction score
I will be getting some extra props for my solo and I was wondering If I should buy the stock or the master airscrew.

The person in this review recommended the stock ones as the master airscrews weren't that good in the wind compared to the stock.

How is the experience with you guys?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Haven't watched this video. Doesn't sound like a valid complaint. There are tons of people who at this point use nothing but MAS props, myself included. They are great and don't act any different in wind that the stock props.

Reactions: GSSP901 and kweeni
Get the Master Airscrew props. In his video his one complaint with the MAS props was the loose nuts. This is no longer a problem as they are now built into the propellers. The MAS props are also available in multiple colors.

Some users are using APC props and are very happy with them as well.

Reactions: JBAlaska and kweeni
IMO everyone has there own opinion. So w/that being said IMHO I think it depends on what flight mode your using. I like the durability & flight characteristics of the MAS props in Stabilize & Acro modes. I use those w/Solo2 & no gimble. I’ve used 11” APC props for over a year now on Solo1. Now I think those are the perfect prop set for smooth & quiet flights. IMO

MasterAir have best thrust but I haven’t had a OEM set of blades since I’ve owned my Solo
3fc19edc4b160f572829f27eb706218e.jpg

But then I just use my bird to carry paint cans with 3/4” shaved off props

Reactions: Thesmf
Buy MasterAir props directly - buying two sets gives you free shipping $18 for the nutty kind and $16 for the loose nut version

The multiple colors are great too. I keep orange up from and black in the back so the front stands out. Helps a lot with orientation. (as if the gigawatts of lighting I have doesn't do enough...)
Very soon you're going to require an exemption from OSHA and the FAA. Or you'll be required to hand out protective eyewear and lollipops....

Very soon you're going to require an exemption from OSHA and the FAA. Or you'll be required to hand out protective eyewear and lollipops....
So what you're saying it that if one owns a drone video business, they are going to soon have to paint on the side of their van "Free Candy". Gotcha!

One mention of MasterAirscrew props I can say that is terrible about them....
99a8ad85846ae05ca4027f8823d7bd3e.jpg

Your Solo won’t fly when they send you all the same blades...
283534a200ffc808d636155e74924397.jpg

I wonder if I throw launch it, it will do cartwheels ...

No Bueno

Ok, that sucks.... on the bright side they taste horrible...... no seriously, one of my rescue cats has a chewing compulsion, tv remotes, camera tripods... he's chewed it all. However... tasted a MA prop once... never again!

BTW For sale, 1 MA prop with chew marks...

I ordered a set of the new style MA props. I was expecting a difference in sound level from stock props, but with my non-gimbal Solo, I heard a bit of tone difference, but not sound level. I may try the MA props on my gimbal Solo. It's heavier, and with stock props, is quite a bit louder than the non-gimbal Solo. Maybe MA props will show some performance/noise improvement with the heavier Solo w/gimbal.

Thanks for all the help everyone! I just ordered a pair of orange MAS from the US

Thanks for all the help everyone! I just ordered a pair of orange MAS from the US
direct from MA I hope!!! I'll have to ask them to see about sending me the offset props or a whole set of 4 opposite ones

direct from MA I hope!!! I'll have to ask them to see about sending me the offset props or a whole set of 4 opposite ones
Not direct because I'm not from the US, they don't offer free shipping. So I bought from amazon.com, they send it for way cheaper (I made sure I bought the newest version)

IMO everyone has there own opinion. So w/that being said IMHO I think it depends on what flight mode your using. I like the durability & flight characteristics of the MAS props in Stabilize & Acro modes. I use those w/Solo2 & no gimble. I’ve used 11” APC props for over a year now on Solo1. Now I think those are the perfect prop set for smooth & quiet flights. IMO

I agree my 11" APC's give me longer flight times and smoother footage; I used the same set for over a year.

The 10" MA and APC's are better than stock IMO.

I agree my 11" APC's give me longer flight times and smoother footage; I used the same set for over a year.

The 10" MA and APC's are better than stock IMO.

You're running Green Cube? Did you have to mess with PID's? I have MAS 10" and 11" but I find the 11" MAS to fly pretty poorly, especially in windy conditions (also Green Cube on mine). Maybe I should try the APC but so many props already.

If you go to larger props, you would most likely need to redo the tuning. That will change the dynamics. That said, no guarantee it fixes the handling. There is a limit to what those motors can effectively do with larger props. Lower KV motors may handle them better.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
More thrust and more rotational mass, more torque needed to accelerate the prop. Would be nice if you could still get the 800 KV T-Motors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986