Ardupilot Solo With Companion Computer Telemetry Failing ArduCopter

Reaction score
For a while I have been controlling the 3DR solo via a companion odroid package leveraging the Telem 2 port. I basically created a custom daughter card that adapted power and data lines to connect the odroid. However, since bricking the aircraft entirely I reloaded a previous image of the solo and updated the firmware on the cube to solo 1.5.3 found here. Releases · 3drobotics/ardupilot-solo · GitHub

However, I am no longer getting data to my application over this port. I have tested/confirmed this via mavproxy and dronekit as well. Did we lose telem 2 in this version? Somewhere did telem2 get disabled? I did reset the parameters via mission planner to be 57600, mavlink type etc.

Thoughts and any help would be appreciated.

No reason it won't work other than parameters. Check SERIAL2_ and SR2_ parameters.

My concern was I found this on another forum
Hi, with the current solo ph2 firmware, the serial2 interface on the accessory port is disabled, enabling it causes all sorts of issues.

You can get a USB cable plugged into the USB of the ph2, but its not recommended to fly with this plugged in.

We really need 3dr to enable serial 2 in the firmware!!

There is nothing about serial 2 that causes problems. Not sure where that came from. Your settings appear correct. What do you mean by bricking it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea