App says solo is not level

Reaction score
I'm working with a green cube solo which was operating just fine. . After doing a routine calibration in a new area I placed solo on a flat and level pad. When I attempt to take off app says solo must be level before take off. I tried this several more times and get the same. Yes, I recalibrated before each atempt. Yes I used a 3ft .long level to ensure tne pad it was actually level. Each calibration said " go fly".
I look for other treads on this but found none. Anyone have a clue?

I hope your right. So far i waited two weeks between trying. That's when i decided to post. But i will keep trying. Im flying again tomorrow ill take it along and give it another try.

I hope your right. So far i waited two weeks between trying. That's when i decided to post. But i will keep trying. Im flying again tomorrow ill take it along and give it another try.
I think he meant wait longer after powering Solo on, no?

Went right over my head. I certainly can try that. Thanks

You can give her a little spank, to see if it free's up a gyro

I forgot about that! It need a spanking anyway. Ill do it tomorrow and let you all know.

Welllll I spanked the drone. Before I did that I tried patience, I waited 30 minutes for the app to stop saying “solo must be level before take off”. Got tired of that so I spanked its bottom(once) to free up the gyro. Then I waited. App kept saying “solo must be level, etc etc. I gave this process 1.5 hours (patience, spank, etc) total. Towards the end I tried shut down, restart, reboot, in every combo I could think of.
Now I’m thinking hooking up one of my “here” gps/comps to see if that will help. Failing that (or what else someone chimes in with) it’s gun range time! My 50 cal ought to do it. Yes I will record.

Reactions: XevetS
NO TOM don't shoot, change the pixhawk first.
I have a spare you can try.

Yep all the gyros are in there.
Just put your old "black" one in and see if that takes care of it.

Last edited:
I have 2 of those layin around here. Sooooo, take out the green and throw in the green. If it boots up and doesn’t say “ must be level” then I buy a new green. Note I said “ if it boots” won’t I have to WIPE IT before I boot? Between updates and updates and awe s.—-ts. I’m not sure want will work. BUT I will try anything since you won’t let me shoot it.
PS I’m not a Tom I’m a Joe, Thanks

Finally got to switch out the green cube and replace it with the old black. RESULT —————-is——— SUSCESS!!!!!!!!! No more Solo must be level warnings.. This means one of two things. 1. I totally destroyed the green cube somehow, or 2. I have a bad green cube. The first does not make much sense since it was working ( at least in the limited shot flights I did when it was first installed). Number 2 would be nice for a change, at least I can follow instructions (once in a while)
Now that I can’t shoot it . I guess I should order another green cube. The other green cube that I have is in my gennie pig drone which is due for WIPE and reload.
One more thing, (NEW SUBJECT) Will the HERE gps work with the black cube?. I have 2 of them that are not installed. I’ve been roaming around the postings for an answer but no luck so far.

Very good news Joe, The here will work just fine with the Black cube. The one thing with any electronics is they will fail after just a few minutes or will last forever, Most good co. "BURN IN" there product for a day or two just for this.

Are you ready for thits,not to be one
lets a sleeping dog lay. I installed a HERE gps in the same drone just munutes ago,. Install it side by side using the vid from the manufacture. I used Tower to change the one perameter and got up to do the expected calabration when smoke come billowing out from under and around the recently well and drone. I knew i should have shot the darn thing! I've attached some pics. Ill try to reach the manufacturer, but that will probably be Monday. WHAT A GOAT(can't say that word).

Attachments

• 20171118_134137.jpg
    20171118_134137.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 20171118_133925.jpg
    20171118_133925.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
Holy Cra# !!!! Just when you think everything is going, that dam snake comes out and bites you in the AS# so sorry Joe. BuTT lol Check to make sure the wiring is correct.

Thanks, already have received help from the company that makes the HERE. Great guy, we will get together after the holiday. This was a good bad experience (as dumb as that soounds). Everyone working together to figure it out. Looking at the lleft overs in was NOT the HERE at fault. I want to make that clear for all who read this. I will close the loop with you when its resolved. Thanks again for your help and for not letting me shoot it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela